May 30, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
Russell Martin fouled a ball off his foot in Saturday’s game against the Mariners. I hear that Steve Kelley thought it was a fantastic play. The bad part of it is that it caused Joe Girardi to have to scratch Martin from today’s game with the Athletics. Martin was originally in the lineup today but it apparently didn’t feel too good today and I assume he’s day-to-day.
Losing Martin — who is more indispensable to the Yankees than Miguel Olivo is to the Mariners — is not a good thing, so you know New York wants him back as soon as possible. If the toe is still hurting tomorrow, word is that there’s a guy out there who can get Martin a toe, believe me. There are ways. You don’t wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, he can get them a toe by 3 o’clock this afternoon.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)