May 30, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Russell Martin fouled a ball off his foot in Saturday’s game against the Mariners. I hear that Steve Kelley thought it was a fantastic play. The bad part of it is that it caused Joe Girardi to have to scratch Martin from today’s game with the Athletics. Martin was originally in the lineup today but it apparently didn’t feel too good today and I assume he’s day-to-day.
Losing Martin — who is more indispensable to the Yankees than Miguel Olivo is to the Mariners — is not a good thing, so you know New York wants him back as soon as possible. If the toe is still hurting tomorrow, word is that there’s a guy out there who can get Martin a toe, believe me. There are ways. You don’t wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, he can get them a toe by 3 o’clock this afternoon.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36