May 30, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
On Saturday night there was a small fire in a storage room at Dodger Stadium that caused smoke to be visible from the stands and required that a bunch of fans be moved from the upper decks along the first base line to other seats. Now it’s being reported that there was a second fire this morning in the same store room. The reports say that the Saturday fire was caused by “paper products igniting.” No word yet on the second fire. It’s totally irresponsible for us to speculate, of course.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to continue work on my novel. It’s a fantastical, fictional story about a businessman who buys an NBA team called the Los Alamos Diggers, runs them into the ground, is taken to the brink financially and then collects millions on the insurance when his arena burns down in a mysterious fire.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)