May 30, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
On Saturday night there was a small fire in a storage room at Dodger Stadium that caused smoke to be visible from the stands and required that a bunch of fans be moved from the upper decks along the first base line to other seats. Now it’s being reported that there was a second fire this morning in the same store room. The reports say that the Saturday fire was caused by “paper products igniting.” No word yet on the second fire. It’s totally irresponsible for us to speculate, of course.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to continue work on my novel. It’s a fantastical, fictional story about a businessman who buys an NBA team called the Los Alamos Diggers, runs them into the ground, is taken to the brink financially and then collects millions on the insurance when his arena burns down in a mysterious fire.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 104
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (104)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)