May 30, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
On Saturday night there was a small fire in a storage room at Dodger Stadium that caused smoke to be visible from the stands and required that a bunch of fans be moved from the upper decks along the first base line to other seats. Now it’s being reported that there was a second fire this morning in the same store room. The reports say that the Saturday fire was caused by “paper products igniting.” No word yet on the second fire. It’s totally irresponsible for us to speculate, of course.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to continue work on my novel. It’s a fantastical, fictional story about a businessman who buys an NBA team called the Los Alamos Diggers, runs them into the ground, is taken to the brink financially and then collects millions on the insurance when his arena burns down in a mysterious fire.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 90
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 70
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)