“Aw jeez, Joey Bats!”

May 31, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT

This is easily my favorite video from the MLB Fan Cave so far.

After watching this, I wonder if John Danks is going to rethink calling Jose Bautista “a clown” the other day. A clown? What, does he amuse you? does he make you laugh? ¬†Funny how?! How is he funny?!

1. elmaquino - May 31, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Of course, we all know the real Joey Bats is Joe Mather.

2. bklynbaseball - May 31, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Really effing funny!!!!!

3. yankeesfanlen - May 31, 2011 at 1:49 PM

For a derivative, pretty funny. Think we could’ve done without the Mr. Bill, though.

4. The Common Man/www.platoonadvantage.com - May 31, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Joey Bats is a stupid nickname. There, I said it.

5. metalhead65 - May 31, 2011 at 2:50 PM

this video is a typical offensive Italian stereotype and should be banned. I am surprised a politically correct site as this would lower itself to such a level perhaps somebody needs some sensitivity training Craig..

• Craig Calcaterra - May 31, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I’ll go to sensitivity training the moment I get back from the “Goodfellas” DVD burning.

• Chris Fiorentino - May 31, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Craig, there are a lot of Italians who are offended by shows like The Godfather and Goodfellas. Granted, this isn’t a smiling Indian smoking a cigar on a team’s patch or a crowd doing a tomahawk chop because those things, are, you know, really offensive to Native Americans. Mocking the Italian heritage is just something for everyone to have fun with.

• paperlions - May 31, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Yeah, they must prefer shows like Jersey Shore.

Are Italians really offended by mafia shows? Are they not representative of how Italian mafias work? Has it been intimated by anyone that all Italians are in the Mafia? It isn’t as if they are 100% fiction, they may even cast a more favorable light on things than is accurate/appropriate. I dated an Italian-American girl from Chicago whose family was in the mob, her dad was killed in a professional hit, everyone just seemed to think it was normal…the only think that pissed them off was that they weren’t sure who was responsible, could have been other Italians, the Irish, or the Jews.

• metalhead65 - May 31, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I was being sarcastic although I am sure the p.c. police will be all over this or do they just go after what they decide is offensive? goodfellas second best MAFIA movie of all time behind the godfather.

• cur68 - May 31, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Yeah well, I for one am offended that I didn’t get to see how far JB crushed that guy. From the swing I’d say that was at least an in the park job, but we can’t be certain. Deeply offended.

Love the handle “Joey Bats” :)

6. schmedley69 - May 31, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Now go get your shine box!!!

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. R. Castillo (3574)