May 31, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
I’m not mocking here, I’m serious. That pic is a screen capture from the Cubs-Pirates game the other day. I went and found it in this highlight after people started tweeting around another image of it this afternoon, claiming that it wasn’t doctored. I found it hard to believe, but it apparently isn’t doctored.
Is this a trick of the Wrigley Field light? Does Hurdle have some sort of medical condition that makes his face look that purple? I tried to Google it and couldn’t find anything. But man, if my dad looked like that I’d make sure he got to a doctor’s office immediately.
If anyone can tell me what I’m missing, please let me know. Cause that’s just scary.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 61
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 31
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)