May 31, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
R.A. Dickey left last week’s start after injuring his foot covering first base and was diagnosed with a partially torn plantar fascia, but he threw a problem-free bullpen session Sunday and has been cleared to take his scheduled turn in the rotation tonight.
In addition to throwing over the weekend Dickey also tested the foot injury by participating in fielding drills, telling Spencer Fordin of MLB.com that he doesn’t think there’s much risk of making the injury worse and “it’s definitely something you can play through.”
He’ll face James McDonald and the Pirates tonight in New York.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 51
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity