May 31, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
R.A. Dickey left last week’s start after injuring his foot covering first base and was diagnosed with a partially torn plantar fascia, but he threw a problem-free bullpen session Sunday and has been cleared to take his scheduled turn in the rotation tonight.
In addition to throwing over the weekend Dickey also tested the foot injury by participating in fielding drills, telling Spencer Fordin of MLB.com that he doesn’t think there’s much risk of making the injury worse and “it’s definitely something you can play through.”
He’ll face James McDonald and the Pirates tonight in New York.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)