May 31, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
R.A. Dickey left last week’s start after injuring his foot covering first base and was diagnosed with a partially torn plantar fascia, but he threw a problem-free bullpen session Sunday and has been cleared to take his scheduled turn in the rotation tonight.
In addition to throwing over the weekend Dickey also tested the foot injury by participating in fielding drills, telling Spencer Fordin of MLB.com that he doesn’t think there’s much risk of making the injury worse and “it’s definitely something you can play through.”
He’ll face James McDonald and the Pirates tonight in New York.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 8
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 35
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 42
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)