May 31, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Jenks struggled mightily before going on the DL, allowing 10 runs in 8.2 innings while opponents hit .333 with an .869 OPS off him, so he may have gain manager Terry Francona’s trust a bit before reclaiming a prominent late-inning role.
To make room for Jenks on the roster and in the bullpen the Red Sox optioned Michael Bowden back down to Triple-A. Bowden has already been called up to Boston twice this season, but he’s in appeared in just one game.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 39
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 40
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 26
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)