May 31, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
Jenks struggled mightily before going on the DL, allowing 10 runs in 8.2 innings while opponents hit .333 with an .869 OPS off him, so he may have gain manager Terry Francona’s trust a bit before reclaiming a prominent late-inning role.
To make room for Jenks on the roster and in the bullpen the Red Sox optioned Michael Bowden back down to Triple-A. Bowden has already been called up to Boston twice this season, but he’s in appeared in just one game.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)