May 31, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Jenks struggled mightily before going on the DL, allowing 10 runs in 8.2 innings while opponents hit .333 with an .869 OPS off him, so he may have gain manager Terry Francona’s trust a bit before reclaiming a prominent late-inning role.
To make room for Jenks on the roster and in the bullpen the Red Sox optioned Michael Bowden back down to Triple-A. Bowden has already been called up to Boston twice this season, but he’s in appeared in just one game.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17