May 31, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
Jenks struggled mightily before going on the DL, allowing 10 runs in 8.2 innings while opponents hit .333 with an .869 OPS off him, so he may have gain manager Terry Francona’s trust a bit before reclaiming a prominent late-inning role.
To make room for Jenks on the roster and in the bullpen the Red Sox optioned Michael Bowden back down to Triple-A. Bowden has already been called up to Boston twice this season, but he’s in appeared in just one game.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)