Vin Scully, a haunted nightclub and a new Dodger curse

May 31, 2011, 5:44 PM EDT

Vin Scully

This one is too craz-, er, I mean complicated for me to understand, so you had best just go read Rick Chandler’s post about it over at Off the Bench.

Upshot: Vin Scully’s Hollywood walk-of-fame star has been covered up by a red carpet in front of a local nightclub. And the nightclub is haunted.

Which, now that you think about it, explains everything.

Note: that’s the “Haunted Vin Scully” pic we’ve been saving for just such an occasion.

1. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - May 31, 2011 at 5:48 PM

This is the most irrelevant, trashy, link-baiting piece of non-news that I’ve seen since about 10:45 this morning. I demand to know why you made me click on it, click on the link, read the link, read this post, and now you’ve even made me comment on it! That’s like ten f@cking minutes of my life, Craig!

• Utley's Hair - May 31, 2011 at 6:05 PM

What else were you going to do? Vote for Freddie Freeman? Trash Buster Posey? Eat pie? Craig is just saving you from yourself.

• paperlions - May 31, 2011 at 6:29 PM

That sounds like a pretty full 10 minutes right there, throw in a laugh and a cry and Jimmy V would approve.

2. yankeesfanlen - May 31, 2011 at 5:51 PM

The reporter is supposed to have credibility with a Red Sox cap on?

• aceshigh11 - May 31, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Over the line!

• rebarratige - May 31, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Pretty sure that’s a replica Brooklyn Dodgers cap.

3. drmonkeyarmy - May 31, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Hauntings are no laughing matter. I use to live in an apartment in Devon, PA that was haunted. It was a terrible experience. Crazy, unexplainable things would happen all the time.

• cur68 - May 31, 2011 at 7:55 PM

drmonkey’ you are a pharmacist. I know what you guys are like. You sure those hauntings weren’t pharmacologically produced as opposed to ectomplasmically? Too much oil of oregano perhaps?

• drmonkeyarmy - May 31, 2011 at 8:32 PM

That’s funny….Yeah, I know more than one pharmacist who has succumbed to such things. At one point in my life, that would have been the case. However, I am 31 and recently celebrated 10 years of sobriety, so in this case it was definitely not pharmacologically produced. Nah man, weird stuff happened from the day I moved in. I would come home and all the drawers would be open, there was a weird scratching in the walls, and objects that were behind other objects would fall. A cross necklace disappeared from my then fiancées neck…after an hour of searching it was found in the middle of the floor in plain sight. Then, I saw an apparition of a girl and my significant other saw a black mass sitting in the master bedroom chair. Weird stuff man. I eventually moved.

• Utley's Hair - May 31, 2011 at 10:25 PM

You “eventually” moved out? WTF?!? Passive mighta-seen experiences are one thing. But interactions? That’s a totally different situation.

But congrats on the 10 years, man. It takes a lot to do that.

• drmonkeyarmy - May 31, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I had a lease and the Home Properties people were not very understanding of the situation. The story gets sadder and weirder actually. The girl I lived with died in the apartment. A death that to this day remains unexplained. At that point, I had no choice but to move out. The still made me pay out my lease too. Last day I was there, maybe I was paranoid at this point but it felt like something was staring me down. I left stuff behind and never went back. And for any cynics out there, I wish I were making this up but I’m not. Unfortunately, all this happened. Thanks about the ten years….one day at a time my man.

4. Utley's Hair - May 31, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Besides, Heyward, you 10 minutes seem to only have lasted four, if you believe the time stamps. I question whether I want to know what you did with the other six…no…I think I definitely do not, in fact want to know….

5. dogsweat1 - May 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

“It’s time for Brooklyn Dodger baseball!”

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win