May 31, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Last night I tweeted — and this morning in the recaps, I regurgitated — my surprise that there were four games yesterday which ended with a score of 7-3. In response, Dianagram of the Value Over Replacement Grit blog researched the matter to see if, indeed, yesterday was a remarkable day for 7-3 scores. Her results can be read here.
Sometimes I take pride in myself over my baseball geekdom. And then someone like Dianagram comes along and reveals me to be a rank amateur. Yet the momentary sadness I feel when I realize how wanting I am in this department is quickly replaced by my joy that such people are out there doing God’s work.
Well, assuming God cares about stuff like how many games ended with a score of 7-3 on a specific day. Which He should be, really, or else what’s the point of omnipotence?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)