May 31, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Last night I tweeted — and this morning in the recaps, I regurgitated — my surprise that there were four games yesterday which ended with a score of 7-3. In response, Dianagram of the Value Over Replacement Grit blog researched the matter to see if, indeed, yesterday was a remarkable day for 7-3 scores. Her results can be read here.
Sometimes I take pride in myself over my baseball geekdom. And then someone like Dianagram comes along and reveals me to be a rank amateur. Yet the momentary sadness I feel when I realize how wanting I am in this department is quickly replaced by my joy that such people are out there doing God’s work.
Well, assuming God cares about stuff like how many games ended with a score of 7-3 on a specific day. Which He should be, really, or else what’s the point of omnipotence?
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)