May 31, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Last night I tweeted — and this morning in the recaps, I regurgitated — my surprise that there were four games yesterday which ended with a score of 7-3. In response, Dianagram of the Value Over Replacement Grit blog researched the matter to see if, indeed, yesterday was a remarkable day for 7-3 scores. Her results can be read here.
Sometimes I take pride in myself over my baseball geekdom. And then someone like Dianagram comes along and reveals me to be a rank amateur. Yet the momentary sadness I feel when I realize how wanting I am in this department is quickly replaced by my joy that such people are out there doing God’s work.
Well, assuming God cares about stuff like how many games ended with a score of 7-3 on a specific day. Which He should be, really, or else what’s the point of omnipotence?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)