May 31, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Last night I tweeted — and this morning in the recaps, I regurgitated — my surprise that there were four games yesterday which ended with a score of 7-3. In response, Dianagram of the Value Over Replacement Grit blog researched the matter to see if, indeed, yesterday was a remarkable day for 7-3 scores. Her results can be read here.
Sometimes I take pride in myself over my baseball geekdom. And then someone like Dianagram comes along and reveals me to be a rank amateur. Yet the momentary sadness I feel when I realize how wanting I am in this department is quickly replaced by my joy that such people are out there doing God’s work.
Well, assuming God cares about stuff like how many games ended with a score of 7-3 on a specific day. Which He should be, really, or else what’s the point of omnipotence?
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 16
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)