Jun 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Matt Holliday sat out for most of six games, getting some pinch-hit duty only, with a bad quad. The Cardinals said he didn’t need a trip to the DL, and they started him on Sunday. Then was scratched again last night. Now he’s heading for an MRI and, probably, a trip to the disabled list, because the quad just isn’t responding.
I wouldn’t think much of this, but this tweet from Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch makes you wonder:
Holliday saga explains why many fans remain skeptical re: team claims that [Albert Pujols] has no physical issue. May be true but Cards create climate.
Strauss likes to stir things up — makes him a really fun Twitter follow, by the way — but you wonder if there isn’t some Kremlin-esque behavior going on with the health of the Cardinals’ superstars.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)