Jun 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Matt Holliday sat out for most of six games, getting some pinch-hit duty only, with a bad quad. The Cardinals said he didn’t need a trip to the DL, and they started him on Sunday. Then was scratched again last night. Now he’s heading for an MRI and, probably, a trip to the disabled list, because the quad just isn’t responding.
I wouldn’t think much of this, but this tweet from Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch makes you wonder:
Holliday saga explains why many fans remain skeptical re: team claims that [Albert Pujols] has no physical issue. May be true but Cards create climate.
Strauss likes to stir things up — makes him a really fun Twitter follow, by the way — but you wonder if there isn’t some Kremlin-esque behavior going on with the health of the Cardinals’ superstars.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 7
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)