Jun 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Matt Holliday sat out for most of six games, getting some pinch-hit duty only, with a bad quad. The Cardinals said he didn’t need a trip to the DL, and they started him on Sunday. Then was scratched again last night. Now he’s heading for an MRI and, probably, a trip to the disabled list, because the quad just isn’t responding.
I wouldn’t think much of this, but this tweet from Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch makes you wonder:
Holliday saga explains why many fans remain skeptical re: team claims that [Albert Pujols] has no physical issue. May be true but Cards create climate.
Strauss likes to stir things up — makes him a really fun Twitter follow, by the way — but you wonder if there isn’t some Kremlin-esque behavior going on with the health of the Cardinals’ superstars.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (86)