Jun 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Matt Holliday sat out for most of six games, getting some pinch-hit duty only, with a bad quad. The Cardinals said he didn’t need a trip to the DL, and they started him on Sunday. Then was scratched again last night. Now he’s heading for an MRI and, probably, a trip to the disabled list, because the quad just isn’t responding.
I wouldn’t think much of this, but this tweet from Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch makes you wonder:
Holliday saga explains why many fans remain skeptical re: team claims that [Albert Pujols] has no physical issue. May be true but Cards create climate.
Strauss likes to stir things up — makes him a really fun Twitter follow, by the way — but you wonder if there isn’t some Kremlin-esque behavior going on with the health of the Cardinals’ superstars.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)