Jun 1, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Matt Holliday sat out for most of six games, getting some pinch-hit duty only, with a bad quad. The Cardinals said he didn’t need a trip to the DL, and they started him on Sunday. Then was scratched again last night. Now he’s heading for an MRI and, probably, a trip to the disabled list, because the quad just isn’t responding.
I wouldn’t think much of this, but this tweet from Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch makes you wonder:
Holliday saga explains why many fans remain skeptical re: team claims that [Albert Pujols] has no physical issue. May be true but Cards create climate.
Strauss likes to stir things up — makes him a really fun Twitter follow, by the way — but you wonder if there isn’t some Kremlin-esque behavior going on with the health of the Cardinals’ superstars.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)