Jun 1, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
I’ll try to avoid the usual durability jokes and simply pass this news along, because Rich Harden has certainly had it rough enough.
The oft-injured right-hander has resumed throwing off a mound following two months on the sidelines with lat muscle soreness, but manager Bob Geren cautioned to Jane Lee of MLB.com that there’s no timetable for Harden to appear in a simulated game, let alone for him to actually come off the disabled list.
Harden, who has yet to pitch for the A’s after signing an incentive-laden one-year deal as a free agent, threw off a mound Sunday and yesterday, with Geren describing him as “free and easy.”
Normally this is where I’d make some snide comment but I’ll hold off, at least until Harden’s next setback.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)