Jun 1, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona passes along word that the Diamondbacks have acquired catcher Lucas May from the Royals. No word yet on the compensation for Kansas City, but there’s a good chance it’s either a player to be named later or cash.
May, 26, was drafted by the Dodgers in the eighth round of the 2003 MLB Amateur Draft. He’s posted an underwhelming .258/.320/.432 batting line in nine minor league seasons and was hitting just .176/.263/.329 in 95 plate appearances this year at the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in Omaha, Nebraska.
May was given nine starts with the big league Royals last season, but wasn’t going to be in the mix for playing time in Kansas City here in 2011. He will function as organizational depth for the Diamondbacks.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)