Jun 1, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona passes along word that the Diamondbacks have acquired catcher Lucas May from the Royals. No word yet on the compensation for Kansas City, but there’s a good chance it’s either a player to be named later or cash.
May, 26, was drafted by the Dodgers in the eighth round of the 2003 MLB Amateur Draft. He’s posted an underwhelming .258/.320/.432 batting line in nine minor league seasons and was hitting just .176/.263/.329 in 95 plate appearances this year at the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in Omaha, Nebraska.
May was given nine starts with the big league Royals last season, but wasn’t going to be in the mix for playing time in Kansas City here in 2011. He will function as organizational depth for the Diamondbacks.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 0
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)