Jun 1, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona passes along word that the Diamondbacks have acquired catcher Lucas May from the Royals. No word yet on the compensation for Kansas City, but there’s a good chance it’s either a player to be named later or cash.
May, 26, was drafted by the Dodgers in the eighth round of the 2003 MLB Amateur Draft. He’s posted an underwhelming .258/.320/.432 batting line in nine minor league seasons and was hitting just .176/.263/.329 in 95 plate appearances this year at the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in Omaha, Nebraska.
May was given nine starts with the big league Royals last season, but wasn’t going to be in the mix for playing time in Kansas City here in 2011. He will function as organizational depth for the Diamondbacks.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 30
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 9
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 40
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save