Jun 1, 2011, 9:11 PM EST
Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona passes along word that the Diamondbacks have acquired catcher Lucas May from the Royals. No word yet on the compensation for Kansas City, but there’s a good chance it’s either a player to be named later or cash.
May, 26, was drafted by the Dodgers in the eighth round of the 2003 MLB Amateur Draft. He’s posted an underwhelming .258/.320/.432 batting line in nine minor league seasons and was hitting just .176/.263/.329 in 95 plate appearances this year at the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate in Omaha, Nebraska.
May was given nine starts with the big league Royals last season, but wasn’t going to be in the mix for playing time in Kansas City here in 2011. He will function as organizational depth for the Diamondbacks.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)