Jun 1, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT
More bad news for the Twinkies.
It’s not a certainty that Thome will require a stint on the 15-day disabled list, but it’s definitely a possibility. Quad strains tend to linger (see: Matt Holliday) and Thome turns 41 years old later this season.
The 40-year-old has hit a healthy .237/.372/.447 with four home runs and 12 RBI in 28 games so far.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)