Jun 1, 2011, 3:03 PM EST
We finally have a timetable for Marlon Byrd‘s return from the scary injury he suffered when he was hit by a pitch in Boston on May 21.
“They’re looking 4-6 weeks, and I think that timetable is about right,” Byrd said Wednesday. “You can’t rush the fractures. You have to make sure they heal, and that takes time.”
Byrd was out taking flyballs at Wrigley prior to Wednesday’s game. His face has healed up, and his vision wasn’t at all affected by the beaning. So, now it’s all about the waiting. With Reed Johnson also down, the Cubs are currently using Tony Campana in center field.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)