Jun 1, 2011, 3:03 PM EST
We finally have a timetable for Marlon Byrd‘s return from the scary injury he suffered when he was hit by a pitch in Boston on May 21.
“They’re looking 4-6 weeks, and I think that timetable is about right,” Byrd said Wednesday. “You can’t rush the fractures. You have to make sure they heal, and that takes time.”
Byrd was out taking flyballs at Wrigley prior to Wednesday’s game. His face has healed up, and his vision wasn’t at all affected by the beaning. So, now it’s all about the waiting. With Reed Johnson also down, the Cubs are currently using Tony Campana in center field.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (110)