Jun 1, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
We finally have a timetable for Marlon Byrd‘s return from the scary injury he suffered when he was hit by a pitch in Boston on May 21.
“They’re looking 4-6 weeks, and I think that timetable is about right,” Byrd said Wednesday. “You can’t rush the fractures. You have to make sure they heal, and that takes time.”
Byrd was out taking flyballs at Wrigley prior to Wednesday’s game. His face has healed up, and his vision wasn’t at all affected by the beaning. So, now it’s all about the waiting. With Reed Johnson also down, the Cubs are currently using Tony Campana in center field.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)