Jun 1, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
I don’t have strong feelings one way or the other when it comes to either (a) MLB.com’s Royals beat writer Dick Kaegel; or (b) press box etiquette. But I do really like this story for some reason:
Moneyball comes out 09/23. When filming in press box at OAK last year one KC reporter refused to move so they had to put him in the shot … It’s vet Dick Kaegel. Hope his movie debut isn’t left on cutting room floor.
I will, however, start to have strong positive feelings about Kaegel if it’s revealed that his refusal to move for the shot was communicated with zero eye contact and some variation of “eff off, I’m working here.” If he sarcastically referred to the director as “Scorsese,” or “Billy Wilder” or something, extra bonus points.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (84)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)