Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Jenks make nice

Jun 1, 2011, 10:47 AM EST

bobby-jenks-and-ozzie-guillen-white-sox AP

Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Jenks had a nasty breakup, with mud being slung from both sides after Jenks signed with the Red Sox as a free agent and Guillen hinting at having some further bombs to lob should things escalate.

Eventually the situation died down and yesterday, with the White Sox in Boston for a series, Guillen professed his love for Jenks:

I love Bobby. I love his family. I love Cuma and I still remember his kids’ names. That means I haven’t forgot those people. Like I said, they were a great family and Bobby was good for us. Any regrets? I don’t see why. He don’t say anything bad. He said the manager sucked.

I don’t think he should regret what [he] said. To be honest with you. A lot of people, when they leave some companies or teams, obviously you feel hurt. They hurt your feelings. And you say what you have to say. But I look up his quotes, and I don’t think he hurt anybody.

Guillen lovingly called Jenks “a different kind of guy … a kid in a big bad body.”

For his part, Jenks spoke of how much he enjoyed playing in Chicago and called the spat with Guillen “water under the bridge” while adding “I regret it, absolutely.”

1. sknut - Jun 1, 2011 at 10:59 AM

When are we going to have Guillien settle this whole middle east stuff. Seems he is the only one up to the task.

2. Vincent - Jun 1, 2011 at 11:02 AM

daawwwwwww.

3. aceshigh11 - Jun 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Well now that the two have made nice, perhaps Ozzie could bring Jenks back to Chicago with him when they leave Boston tonight.

I’d prefer him anywhere other than on the Red Sox based on his performance thus far.

4. cur68 - Jun 1, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Ozzie for President! (According to some he’s at least as home grown as the current guy). Can you see him in an Oval Office address? Man that would RILE some folks. No one would mess you guys then. He’d use SEAL Team 6 like he used to use Jenks; he would close them OUT.

I’m gonna miss the feud. It enlivened my morning coffee. Oh well. There will be someone else soon.

• Old Gator - Jun 1, 2011 at 2:22 PM

That would make him the dumbest president since G. W. Bush. Bush once said that his mouth was a place where words went to die (which of course was his aw-shucks Texan way of saying that his brain was a place where thoughts went to die). That must make Ozzile’s….

No, come to think of it, I won’t say anything more about Ozzie’s mouth. Enough with the Gray’s Anatomy switcheroo.

5. phukyouk - Jun 1, 2011 at 11:36 AM

you all missed the next part of this picture when Ozzie turns around and he has a “kick me” sign on his back.

6. patsandsox - Jun 1, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I was waiting for them to kiss and make up so glad that didnt happen

7. henryd3rd - Jun 1, 2011 at 3:05 PM

I wonder if Theo would like a do over on the Jenks signing

8. royalsfaninfargo - Jun 1, 2011 at 4:14 PM

That is no fun. Its always funny when Ozzie has fueds.

9. dirtyharry1971 - Jun 1, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Hey Jenks is off the DL baby!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! And more good news blowsox fans, Lackey gets off this Sunday!! OH yeahhh!!

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (6001)