Jun 1, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
Red Sox reliever Rich Hill came in to today’s White Sox-Red Sox game to face Adam Dunn, threw seven pitches and after the seventh grabbed his left arm in pain. He was lifted from the game. As of a few minutes ago the Red Sox are referring to it as a “forearm injury.”
Hill is, at the moment, the Red Sox’ only lefty in the pen. He has been effective, having not allowed a run in nine outings. A pitchers grabbing his arm after snapping off a curve ball is rarely good news, however.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 0
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12