Stat of the day: Major League Baseball’s attendance problem is really the Dodgers’ attendance problem
Jun 1, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
A pretty stunning stat from Steve Dilbeck at the L.A. Times: Through Monday attendance in Major League Baseball is down 237,983 through the same number of games in 2010. 207,612 of that decline — a whopping 87% — is accounted for by the Los Angeles Dodgers alone.
I said it in the last McCourt post, but I’ll say it again: doin’ a heckuva job there, Frankie.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)