Stat of the day: Major League Baseball’s attendance problem is really the Dodgers’ attendance problem
Jun 1, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
A pretty stunning stat from Steve Dilbeck at the L.A. Times: Through Monday attendance in Major League Baseball is down 237,983 through the same number of games in 2010. 207,612 of that decline — a whopping 87% — is accounted for by the Los Angeles Dodgers alone.
I said it in the last McCourt post, but I’ll say it again: doin’ a heckuva job there, Frankie.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness