Jun 2, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
The Daily News reports today that Yuri Sucart, Alex Rodriguez‘s cousin, who was said to be A-Rod’s drug mule back when he was taking PEDs, is travelling with him on the Yankees’ current road trip. They report that he’s made several trips with A-Rod in the past couple of years despite the fact that he is persona non grata as far as Major League Baseball is concerned.
The ban on Sucart extends only to team facilities, the clubhouse, etc., and he has not been seen in any of those places. There is no ban on him being at the team’s hotel, where the Daily News spotted him. And hey, if your multi-millionaire cousin invited you to stay at the St. Regis in San Francisco, I’m guessing you’d go to.
But Major League Baseball is likely not happy with this. According to the Daily News, they’re watching it closely. Personally, if I’m A-Rod, I just wait until November to take Sucart to the St. Regis and avoid all of this hassle. It’s cheaper then. Shoulder season, you know.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 42
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 22
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 45
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 33
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (153)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)