Jun 2, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
The Daily News reports today that Yuri Sucart, Alex Rodriguez‘s cousin, who was said to be A-Rod’s drug mule back when he was taking PEDs, is travelling with him on the Yankees’ current road trip. They report that he’s made several trips with A-Rod in the past couple of years despite the fact that he is persona non grata as far as Major League Baseball is concerned.
The ban on Sucart extends only to team facilities, the clubhouse, etc., and he has not been seen in any of those places. There is no ban on him being at the team’s hotel, where the Daily News spotted him. And hey, if your multi-millionaire cousin invited you to stay at the St. Regis in San Francisco, I’m guessing you’d go to.
But Major League Baseball is likely not happy with this. According to the Daily News, they’re watching it closely. Personally, if I’m A-Rod, I just wait until November to take Sucart to the St. Regis and avoid all of this hassle. It’s cheaper then. Shoulder season, you know.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)