Jun 2, 2011, 9:12 AM EST
The Daily News reports today that Yuri Sucart, Alex Rodriguez‘s cousin, who was said to be A-Rod’s drug mule back when he was taking PEDs, is travelling with him on the Yankees’ current road trip. They report that he’s made several trips with A-Rod in the past couple of years despite the fact that he is persona non grata as far as Major League Baseball is concerned.
The ban on Sucart extends only to team facilities, the clubhouse, etc., and he has not been seen in any of those places. There is no ban on him being at the team’s hotel, where the Daily News spotted him. And hey, if your multi-millionaire cousin invited you to stay at the St. Regis in San Francisco, I’m guessing you’d go to.
But Major League Baseball is likely not happy with this. According to the Daily News, they’re watching it closely. Personally, if I’m A-Rod, I just wait until November to take Sucart to the St. Regis and avoid all of this hassle. It’s cheaper then. Shoulder season, you know.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)