Jun 2, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
The Daily News reports today that Yuri Sucart, Alex Rodriguez‘s cousin, who was said to be A-Rod’s drug mule back when he was taking PEDs, is travelling with him on the Yankees’ current road trip. They report that he’s made several trips with A-Rod in the past couple of years despite the fact that he is persona non grata as far as Major League Baseball is concerned.
The ban on Sucart extends only to team facilities, the clubhouse, etc., and he has not been seen in any of those places. There is no ban on him being at the team’s hotel, where the Daily News spotted him. And hey, if your multi-millionaire cousin invited you to stay at the St. Regis in San Francisco, I’m guessing you’d go to.
But Major League Baseball is likely not happy with this. According to the Daily News, they’re watching it closely. Personally, if I’m A-Rod, I just wait until November to take Sucart to the St. Regis and avoid all of this hassle. It’s cheaper then. Shoulder season, you know.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)