Jun 2, 2011, 1:26 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Angels received a scare on Wednesday night when their charter flight was diverted to Los Angeles International Airport for an emergency landing, the Associated Press reported.
There were at least 60 people aboard the flight, which was returning from Kansas City, where the Angels wrapped up a 6-game road trip with a 2-0 loss to the Royals.
The Angels usually travel through John Wayne airport in Orange County, but were redirected to LAX after the pilot reported the plane having possible hydraulic problems. Fire engines were lined up along the runway, according to the Los Angeles Times, but were not needed as the plane landed without incident.
At 8:57 p.m. L.A. time, Angels broadcaster Victor Rojas tweeted the news:
“Nothing like an emergency landing at LAX to scare the crap out of us…good to be home.”
And at 9:03 p.m. Rojas provided more details:
“Believe it had something to do w hydraulic system & the possibility of having issues coming to a stop…safe landing. Great job by crew.”
Luckily everyone was safe, and were returned to Anaheim via bus, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo!
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)