Jun 2, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram passes along word that veteran right-hander Brandon Webb had to be pulled off his minor league rehab assignment Thursday after renewed inflammation was discovered in his rotator cuff.
Webb surrendred five earned runs on eight hits during a 3 1/3-inning rehab start on Monday afternoon at Double-A Frisco. It was his first appearance in a professional game since the first week of the 2009 regular season.
The 32-year-old has been prescribed anti-inflammatories and will continue playing catch on a near-daily basis, but he won’t be allowed to resume his minor league rehab assignment for another seven days per Major League Baseball policy.
With his shoulder still nagging and his fastball velocity still residing somewhere between 81 and 84 MPH, it’s probably safe to wonder at this point whether we’ll ever see Webb take another major league mound.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)