Jun 2, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Diamondbacks agreed to a minor league contract with right-hander Yhency Brazoban on Thursday evening and assigned him to Triple-A Reno.
Brazoban exercised an out clause and gained his release from the Rangers on Thursday morning after registering a solid 3.42 ERA and striking out 31 batters across 26 1/3 innings at Triple-A Round Rock but failing to gain a promotion to the major leagues. He’ll hope for better luck with Arizona.
Brazoban, 30, hasn’t appeared in a big league game since 2008, when he pitched three total innings for the Dodgers. He thew just 1 2/3 major league innings in 2007 and just five major league innings in 2006.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (99)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)