Jun 2, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Diamondbacks agreed to a minor league contract with right-hander Yhency Brazoban on Thursday evening and assigned him to Triple-A Reno.
Brazoban exercised an out clause and gained his release from the Rangers on Thursday morning after registering a solid 3.42 ERA and striking out 31 batters across 26 1/3 innings at Triple-A Round Rock but failing to gain a promotion to the major leagues. He’ll hope for better luck with Arizona.
Brazoban, 30, hasn’t appeared in a big league game since 2008, when he pitched three total innings for the Dodgers. He thew just 1 2/3 major league innings in 2007 and just five major league innings in 2006.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 26
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 36
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)