Jun 2, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Diamondbacks agreed to a minor league contract with right-hander Yhency Brazoban on Thursday evening and assigned him to Triple-A Reno.
Brazoban exercised an out clause and gained his release from the Rangers on Thursday morning after registering a solid 3.42 ERA and striking out 31 batters across 26 1/3 innings at Triple-A Round Rock but failing to gain a promotion to the major leagues. He’ll hope for better luck with Arizona.
Brazoban, 30, hasn’t appeared in a big league game since 2008, when he pitched three total innings for the Dodgers. He thew just 1 2/3 major league innings in 2007 and just five major league innings in 2006.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 49
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 22
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)