Jun 2, 2011, 9:41 PM EDT
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Diamondbacks agreed to a minor league contract with right-hander Yhency Brazoban on Thursday evening and assigned him to Triple-A Reno.
Brazoban exercised an out clause and gained his release from the Rangers on Thursday morning after registering a solid 3.42 ERA and striking out 31 batters across 26 1/3 innings at Triple-A Round Rock but failing to gain a promotion to the major leagues. He’ll hope for better luck with Arizona.
Brazoban, 30, hasn’t appeared in a big league game since 2008, when he pitched three total innings for the Dodgers. He thew just 1 2/3 major league innings in 2007 and just five major league innings in 2006.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 22
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 10
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 100
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (101)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)