Jun 2, 2011, 9:41 PM EST
According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, the Diamondbacks agreed to a minor league contract with right-hander Yhency Brazoban on Thursday evening and assigned him to Triple-A Reno.
Brazoban exercised an out clause and gained his release from the Rangers on Thursday morning after registering a solid 3.42 ERA and striking out 31 batters across 26 1/3 innings at Triple-A Round Rock but failing to gain a promotion to the major leagues. He’ll hope for better luck with Arizona.
Brazoban, 30, hasn’t appeared in a big league game since 2008, when he pitched three total innings for the Dodgers. He thew just 1 2/3 major league innings in 2007 and just five major league innings in 2006.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)