HBT Breakfast Wrap

Jun 2, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT

hangover breakfast

I didn’t watch the Stanley Cup Final, but people tell me I should have because it would have turned me into a hockey fan. I dunno. I enjoy going to a game now and again, but the hockey ship sailed for me years ago and there’s probably no hope for me now. But I was told that it was exciting, so this is one of the rare instances in which you are excused if you didn’t pay attention to baseball last night.  For those of you in that boat, here’s what you missed:

Now, let us begin our day, shall we?

1. proudlycanadian - Jun 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Of course I was watching the Stanley Cup final. Was there a baseball game yesterday?

• proudlycanadian - Jun 2, 2011 at 9:29 AM

After the Montreal Olympics, the Canadiens won the Stanley Cup. After the Calgary Olympics, the Flames won the Stanley Cup. After the Vancouver Olympics, etc.

• cur68 - Jun 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Boo yeah, baby! And our 1 of boys bit 1 of their boys. That’s hard core man. No biting in baseball!

2. Chris Fiorentino - Jun 2, 2011 at 8:43 AM

About 200 people watched the Stanley Cup finals last night, and they were all in Vancouver. The Boston fans were still drinking themselves into oblivion after getting swept at home by the absolutely brutal White Sox. Why do the White Sox absolutely own the Red Sox the last couple years? Is it the battle for the better color Sox…”White or Red”? I just don’t get it, but I believe it is now 9 of the last 10 for “White”.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM

“see a broad to get dat booty yak ‘em… leg ‘er down a smack ‘em yak ‘em!” um, someone help me out here with this one.

• pbannard - Jun 2, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Airplane! reference. A classic – if you haven’t watched it, you must.

• koufaxmitzvah - Jun 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Too bad Barbara Billingsley died. Maybe Chad Billingsley can help?

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Haven’t. I will.

• Utley's Hair - Jun 2, 2011 at 11:20 AM

You haven’t watched Airplane? That might explain the pie fixation (fetish?)….

• spudchukar - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:36 PM

That would be a pie in the sky.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 2, 2011 at 5:12 PM

our day comes full-circle…Leslie Nielsen’s last joke from beyond the grave.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Not sure why I replied to yours w/ that. Anyhoo, now that I’m replying again I might as well reference your comment. Sohhhx suck, Saaax all the way. I think the white have owned the red since about 05.

• bobwsc - Jun 2, 2011 at 10:41 AM

yea, that really messed up the Red varieties title run in ’07. Boston owns the Angels – big deal.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 2, 2011 at 5:13 PM

good. i was expecting that cocky red sox fan response. there it is, just like clockwork. no go back to the bruins.

• jimbo1949 - Jun 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Pure As The Driven Snow Sox vs Curt’s Catsup Coated Sox.
      No contest.

3. pbannard - Jun 2, 2011 at 9:45 AM

The tower! The tower! Rapunzel! Rapunzel!

4. koufaxmitzvah - Jun 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

There’s a sale at Penny’s!

5. Utley's Hair - Jun 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

• cur68 - Jun 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM

What? You’ve stopped? I don’t know what to make of that…maybe hat, a brooch, or a pterodactyl…

• Utley's Hair - Jun 2, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Did I leave the iron on?

6. deathmonkey41 - Jun 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Okay, what the hell is wrapped around that sausage in the breakfast picture? Is that bacon?

• cur68 - Jun 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM

‘monkey my boy, you need to get out more. That there sausage is just ‘splodin’ with goodness; right out of it’s skin. mmmm….

• deathmonkey41 - Jun 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I guess in this world of instant gratification, people just don’t feel like they’re hardening their arteries fast enough! Does look good though- even though I’m not one of those people who believes bacon makes everything better. I really only eat it with eggs.

• Utley's Hair - Jun 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I’m hoping that’s corned beef hash up there, ’cause mmmm….

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto