HBT Daily: Answering some Twitter questions

Jun 2, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT

And now those questions that did make the cut, including one led me to answer with a bleeped profanity for the first time ever!
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. rebarratige - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM

The “Major League” WAR question reminds me of the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective. They compile the box scores and stat lines for sports movies semi-frequently. “BASEketball,” “Space Jam,” that sort of thing. Truly, God’s work.

2. Chris Fiorentino - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Was that “on VHS” closing line a shot by Tiffany at you being an old man because you went to college in the early 90’s? Damn.

• Craig Calcaterra - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Yes. Yes it was. Because after all, I am old enough to be her. Well, maybe her uncle.

• Chris Fiorentino - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I went to college in the early 90’s too, and I don’t feel old. 40 is the new 20 right?

• cur68 - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

43 is the new 23. Or so I hope.

3. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Game 4 of the ’96 series I turned off the game in the sixth w/ the Bravos up 6-0. I still have chest pain from this. You must not turn off any games ever that involves your team b/c Berra was so right, it ain’t over til it’s over.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Correction: I didn’t turn it off, I went to sleep. Just a wee teen at the time. Unlike old man Calcaterra, who was likely preparing for a mock trial or something.

4. Jonny 5 - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Albino Malcolm X. I can’t shake it. But Malcolm was cool. Really cool. I’d like to know how old Tiffany is. With that VHS comment and all.. I still have some VHS tapes around. Green Jello “cereal killer”, G.D. “ultraviolet roses”, SRV “live at Macambo”. Am I old or something? I mean I don’t think I am…

• Utley's Hair - Jun 2, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Jonny, he looks like William Foster ( http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0010619/ ) in Falling Down…or my grandfather (who died more than 10 years before you or I were born).

• Jonny 5 - Jun 3, 2011 at 7:36 AM

Shall we remove all baseball bats from his home?

5. uyf1950 - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Craig, I don’t know about your pick of King Felix in 4 to 7 years. By then he probably will have pitched about 2,500 to 3,000 innings that’s a lot innings. I think you might want to think about Trevor Cahill a very good young pitcher with only 3 years in the league right now I believe. Just a thought.

6. cur68 - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Best WAR in Major League? Yeah, it was probably Cerrano, IMO. However I’m prepared to accept Willie Mays Hayes. Such grit. Such determination. Such scrappiness. Ayup. He was a ballplayer….

• rebarratige - Jun 2, 2011 at 1:55 PM

His intangibles were off the chart.

• Chris Fiorentino - Jun 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM

He also drove that fine VW bug that was made to look like a Rolls…awesome!!!

7. mtreder1 - Jun 3, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Craig, it was the Urim and Thummim, not the Urim and Theremin. The Theremin was/is, of course, a strange musical instrument only occasionally used by Joseph Smith.

• Craig Calcaterra - Jun 3, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Ah, well, close is close. I always tend to get those fantastical concepts from sci-fi, fantasy and religion all mixed up anyway.

1. Y. Puig (3030)