Jun 2, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
Joe Mauer caught three innings in an extended spring training game this afternoon, getting back behind the plate for the first time since being shut down in mid-April due to leg problems stemming from his offseason knee surgery.
Mauer went 0-for-5 at the plate, but afterward told David Dorsey of the Fort Myers News-Press that he “felt good” but “just a little fatigued” and reiterated that he has no plans to switch positions.
In the same game rehabbing infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka played nine innings at shortstop and went 0-for-3 with a walk at the plate.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (124)