Jun 2, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
Joe Mauer caught three innings in an extended spring training game this afternoon, getting back behind the plate for the first time since being shut down in mid-April due to leg problems stemming from his offseason knee surgery.
Mauer went 0-for-5 at the plate, but afterward told David Dorsey of the Fort Myers News-Press that he “felt good” but “just a little fatigued” and reiterated that he has no plans to switch positions.
In the same game rehabbing infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka played nine innings at shortstop and went 0-for-3 with a walk at the plate.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 6
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)