Major League Baseball to end its investigation into Dodgers finances one week after next payroll comes due
Jun 2, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
Why is it that I have this feeling that MLB would have ended its investigation into Dodgers finances this week had Frank McCourt not managed to make payroll on May 31st? Anyway, here’s Shaikin:
The commissioner’s office hopes to conclude its investigation into the Dodgers’ finances by June 22, a person familiar with the matter said Wednesday. The person, who was not authorized to speak publicly, characterized the potential end date as a goal, not a guarantee.
That date also coincides with a hearing on the matter of whether Jamie McCourt has standing to challenge the Fox TV contract offer Frank McCourt is banking on. Of course, given that the next payroll payment is due on June 15th, that could very well be academic at that point.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)