Jun 2, 2011, 7:33 PM EST
“Kung Fu Panda” is going to begin a minor league rehab assignment on Friday with Single-A San Jose. He will play two games there before moving along to Triple-A Fresno for another three to five games.
If all goes well, Sandoval could make his way back to the Giants’ starting lineup by next weekend.
The 24-year-old was batting .313/.374/.530 with 14 RBI through his first 91 plate appearances this season. With a healthier self and a completely revamped fitness plan, he should have no trouble getting back on track.
Giants starter Barry Zito is also ready to begin a rehab assignment. He’ll start Monday at Single-A San Jose.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 80
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)