Jun 2, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Not a ton going on this afternoon, so hey, let’s pass along press-released news!
MLB has announced its players, pitchers and rookies of the month. In the NL it’s Jay Bruce, Jair Jurrjens and Justin Turner, respectively. In the AL it’s Jose Bautista, Jeremy Hellickson and … Jeremy Hellickson. They also announced a reliever of the month: J.J. Putz of the Diamondbacks. No separate award for each league. Why? Because THE MAN only gives out one relief pitcher award. That’s just how they do.
You may collect your winnings for the prop bets you made on these things at the second window. It’s the window right next to the Gambler’s Anonymous sign-up station.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)