Jun 2, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Not a ton going on this afternoon, so hey, let’s pass along press-released news!
MLB has announced its players, pitchers and rookies of the month. In the NL it’s Jay Bruce, Jair Jurrjens and Justin Turner, respectively. In the AL it’s Jose Bautista, Jeremy Hellickson and … Jeremy Hellickson. They also announced a reliever of the month: J.J. Putz of the Diamondbacks. No separate award for each league. Why? Because THE MAN only gives out one relief pitcher award. That’s just how they do.
You may collect your winnings for the prop bets you made on these things at the second window. It’s the window right next to the Gambler’s Anonymous sign-up station.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)