Jun 2, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Not a ton going on this afternoon, so hey, let’s pass along press-released news!
MLB has announced its players, pitchers and rookies of the month. In the NL it’s Jay Bruce, Jair Jurrjens and Justin Turner, respectively. In the AL it’s Jose Bautista, Jeremy Hellickson and … Jeremy Hellickson. They also announced a reliever of the month: J.J. Putz of the Diamondbacks. No separate award for each league. Why? Because THE MAN only gives out one relief pitcher award. That’s just how they do.
You may collect your winnings for the prop bets you made on these things at the second window. It’s the window right next to the Gambler’s Anonymous sign-up station.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)