Jun 2, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Not a ton going on this afternoon, so hey, let’s pass along press-released news!
MLB has announced its players, pitchers and rookies of the month. In the NL it’s Jay Bruce, Jair Jurrjens and Justin Turner, respectively. In the AL it’s Jose Bautista, Jeremy Hellickson and … Jeremy Hellickson. They also announced a reliever of the month: J.J. Putz of the Diamondbacks. No separate award for each league. Why? Because THE MAN only gives out one relief pitcher award. That’s just how they do.
You may collect your winnings for the prop bets you made on these things at the second window. It’s the window right next to the Gambler’s Anonymous sign-up station.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 5
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (250)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)