Jun 2, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Not a ton going on this afternoon, so hey, let’s pass along press-released news!
MLB has announced its players, pitchers and rookies of the month. In the NL it’s Jay Bruce, Jair Jurrjens and Justin Turner, respectively. In the AL it’s Jose Bautista, Jeremy Hellickson and … Jeremy Hellickson. They also announced a reliever of the month: J.J. Putz of the Diamondbacks. No separate award for each league. Why? Because THE MAN only gives out one relief pitcher award. That’s just how they do.
You may collect your winnings for the prop bets you made on these things at the second window. It’s the window right next to the Gambler’s Anonymous sign-up station.
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 0
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 23
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)