Jun 2, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
Yesterday we saw Rich Hill leave the White Sox-Red Sox game after grabbing his left arm. Today the worst fears have been confirmed: Pete Abraham reports that Hill will need season-ending surgery. The exact diagnosis is unknown, but the MRI he received yesterday confirmed that the injury was serious. Probably a ligament/Tommy John thing.
Hill was having a good year too, having come back from previous shoulder surgery to remake himself a pretty effective lefty specialist. Bad luck.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)