Jun 2, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
Yesterday we saw Rich Hill leave the White Sox-Red Sox game after grabbing his left arm. Today the worst fears have been confirmed: Pete Abraham reports that Hill will need season-ending surgery. The exact diagnosis is unknown, but the MRI he received yesterday confirmed that the injury was serious. Probably a ligament/Tommy John thing.
Hill was having a good year too, having come back from previous shoulder surgery to remake himself a pretty effective lefty specialist. Bad luck.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)