Jun 2, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
Yesterday we saw Rich Hill leave the White Sox-Red Sox game after grabbing his left arm. Today the worst fears have been confirmed: Pete Abraham reports that Hill will need season-ending surgery. The exact diagnosis is unknown, but the MRI he received yesterday confirmed that the injury was serious. Probably a ligament/Tommy John thing.
Hill was having a good year too, having come back from previous shoulder surgery to remake himself a pretty effective lefty specialist. Bad luck.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)