Jun 2, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
Yesterday we saw Rich Hill leave the White Sox-Red Sox game after grabbing his left arm. Today the worst fears have been confirmed: Pete Abraham reports that Hill will need season-ending surgery. The exact diagnosis is unknown, but the MRI he received yesterday confirmed that the injury was serious. Probably a ligament/Tommy John thing.
Hill was having a good year too, having come back from previous shoulder surgery to remake himself a pretty effective lefty specialist. Bad luck.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)