Jun 2, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Victorino went just 2-for-13 (.154) in four minor-league rehab games at Single-A and Double-A, getting thrown out on his only stolen base attempt, but homered Wednesday before the Phillies decided not to have him play Thursday.
John Mayberry Jr. has struggled filling in for Victorino in center field, hitting just .208 with one homer and a 12/2 K/BB ratio in 13 starts, and will likely be headed to the bench or the minors given how well Domonic Brown is hitting since his call-up.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (116)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)