Jun 2, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Victorino went just 2-for-13 (.154) in four minor-league rehab games at Single-A and Double-A, getting thrown out on his only stolen base attempt, but homered Wednesday before the Phillies decided not to have him play Thursday.
John Mayberry Jr. has struggled filling in for Victorino in center field, hitting just .208 with one homer and a 12/2 K/BB ratio in 13 starts, and will likely be headed to the bench or the minors given how well Domonic Brown is hitting since his call-up.
- Hunter Pence hit in hand by pitch, headed for X-rays 0
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 6
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 135
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 43
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)