Jun 2, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Victorino went just 2-for-13 (.154) in four minor-league rehab games at Single-A and Double-A, getting thrown out on his only stolen base attempt, but homered Wednesday before the Phillies decided not to have him play Thursday.
John Mayberry Jr. has struggled filling in for Victorino in center field, hitting just .208 with one homer and a 12/2 K/BB ratio in 13 starts, and will likely be headed to the bench or the minors given how well Domonic Brown is hitting since his call-up.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)