Jun 2, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Victorino went just 2-for-13 (.154) in four minor-league rehab games at Single-A and Double-A, getting thrown out on his only stolen base attempt, but homered Wednesday before the Phillies decided not to have him play Thursday.
John Mayberry Jr. has struggled filling in for Victorino in center field, hitting just .208 with one homer and a 12/2 K/BB ratio in 13 starts, and will likely be headed to the bench or the minors given how well Domonic Brown is hitting since his call-up.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)