Jun 2, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Victorino went just 2-for-13 (.154) in four minor-league rehab games at Single-A and Double-A, getting thrown out on his only stolen base attempt, but homered Wednesday before the Phillies decided not to have him play Thursday.
John Mayberry Jr. has struggled filling in for Victorino in center field, hitting just .208 with one homer and a 12/2 K/BB ratio in 13 starts, and will likely be headed to the bench or the minors given how well Domonic Brown is hitting since his call-up.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)