Jun 3, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
This marks the third time I can recall a player having mono in the HBT era.* Bronson Arroyo had it in spring training. Jed Lowrie a year ago. Not exactly on the level of oblique injuries or strained hamstrings in terms of frequency.
But seriously, mono can throw you for a loop. And with a current batting line of .211/.279./.286, I’m sure the Tigers will make sure that Inge takes all the time he needs to get better before activating him again. Alllll the time he needs.
*Note: “The HBT era” is not intended to attach any actual significance to this blog in the baseball world. It merely refers to “that time period in which I have easily searchable archives and kind find previous references to things like ‘mononucleosis.’”
- Cardinals sign Cuban infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 0
- UPDATE: Ervin Santana is prepared to wait “days” before signing 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)