Jun 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Initially when the Orioles placed Roberts on the new seven-day disabled list on May 19 they were hopeful he could return in a week and then on May 24 he was advised to rest for two more weeks, so his timetable is moving backward.
Robert Andino has started 11 of 14 games at second base in Roberts’ absence, but after surprisingly hitting well early on he’s just 10-for-46 (.217) with a .582 OPS since mid-May.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)