Jun 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Initially when the Orioles placed Roberts on the new seven-day disabled list on May 19 they were hopeful he could return in a week and then on May 24 he was advised to rest for two more weeks, so his timetable is moving backward.
Robert Andino has started 11 of 14 games at second base in Roberts’ absence, but after surprisingly hitting well early on he’s just 10-for-46 (.217) with a .582 OPS since mid-May.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)