Jun 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Initially when the Orioles placed Roberts on the new seven-day disabled list on May 19 they were hopeful he could return in a week and then on May 24 he was advised to rest for two more weeks, so his timetable is moving backward.
Robert Andino has started 11 of 14 games at second base in Roberts’ absence, but after surprisingly hitting well early on he’s just 10-for-46 (.217) with a .582 OPS since mid-May.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 20
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 28
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 187
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (187)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)