Jun 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Initially when the Orioles placed Roberts on the new seven-day disabled list on May 19 they were hopeful he could return in a week and then on May 24 he was advised to rest for two more weeks, so his timetable is moving backward.
Robert Andino has started 11 of 14 games at second base in Roberts’ absence, but after surprisingly hitting well early on he’s just 10-for-46 (.217) with a .582 OPS since mid-May.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)