Cameron Diaz “hurt and betrayed” after breaking up with Alex Rodriguez

Jun 3, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT

A-Rod Cameron Diaz

Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz have broken up, reports the New York Daily News.

And to think, they seemed so happy together as she hand-fed him popcorn in a luxury box at the Super Bowl on national television.

According to “a source” quoted in the article Diaz is “hurt and betrayed, because she tried so hard to please him. She went overboard.”

I’m assuming that means too much salt on the popcorn, although I’m not sure what to believe any more when the same article calls her a “starlet” and him a “baseball ace.” Ah yes, if only I had a nickel for every time someone called ARod a “baseball ace.”

Also noted in the article is that since breaking up with his wife the 35-year-old Rodriguez has dated and broken up with Kate Hudson, Madonna, and now Diaz, which is an eclectic mix to say the least. Hudson is 32, Diaz is 38, Madonna is 52, and Madonna’s arms are 107.

Savor every last kernel of popcorn, kids. Life is short.*

* My apologies for this lame attempt at being Perez Hilton, but someone had to do it and Craig is too busy writing about superficial, unimportant stuff like ballpark fires and debt rule violations.

1. Jonny 5 - Jun 3, 2011 at 1:22 PM

“Madonna’s arms are 107.”

My monitor needed to be cleaned anyway….

• scareduck - Jun 3, 2011 at 1:32 PM

It’s all the dust from when her triceps meet as she claps.

2. natstowngreg - Jun 3, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Actually, I question whether it needed to be written. But it does sorta deal with baseball, kinda, so that’s OK.

3. nps6724 - Jun 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Probably sumped her for Cloris Leachman.

• nps6724 - Jun 3, 2011 at 1:37 PM

dumped*

• cur68 - Jun 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM

no, no; sumped works.

• Utley's Hair - Jun 3, 2011 at 2:22 PM

She most certainly is no Betty White.

• baboushka - Jun 3, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Cher better look out. A Rod is on the prowl again for retro Diva’s. She fits his profile. He can’t handle the young “Hotties”. They would take his moula and dump him!

• Utley's Hair - Jun 3, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Why have I been shuddering involuntarily for the last two hours or so?

4. deathmonkey41 - Jun 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Yeah, Jeter’s definately has him beaten in the “Hot Starlets Nailed” catergory. A-Rod seems to like them after their prime.

• kopy - Jun 3, 2011 at 2:09 PM

*insert A-Rod also past his prime joke*

• jimbo1949 - Jun 3, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Len’s busy,

LEAVE AROD ALONE!

• yankeesfanlen - Jun 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Thanks, Jimbo.

5. simplicitymadecomplex - Jun 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Gentlemen, gentlemen [and I use this term loosey-goosey] many, many different studies have been done regarding a female’s age and her sexuality [I write many 'cause I'm constantly studying this concept] and these studies have shown that a female’s sexuality becomes more refined/defined as she ages.

The upshot [easy gentlemen] being that women peak between the ages of 32 to 40 [find the proof yourselves - google it] . So A-Rod does quality [or so he "feels"] while Mr. AS-SS does the youit [F. Alou's version of youth] route.

I would be only tooooo pleased to run both of their stables through my wringer, sorry, sexual evaluation process.

Each girlfriend would receive a piece of cake for her participation meanwhile I get the entire pie for myself.

On the whole though I would even check out the 83-year ["grand dame"] old hanging out at any park – as long as she is wearing something tight.

Thank you Leonard Cohen and yes I’m here performing until Sunday @ 10;00 P.M.

6. florida727 - Jun 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM

———————————————————–
    I have no doubt she “pleased” him, but I’ll let someone more talented come up with an ‘overboard’ comment.

• jimbo1949 - Jun 3, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Wouldn’t that be Goldie Hawn. Extra points for the mother-daughter.

7. baboushka - Jun 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I sure hope A Rod watched the Movie Vanilla Sky with Diaz and Tom Cruise. Seh roughed up poor rich boy Tommy pretty good after being dumped to the curb in that one. Better watch the car rides and lunches with her “Rodster”.

On an entirely different subject. A Rod is the most mediocre “Superstar” I have ever observed. His clutch gene is all estrogen. Jeter is def testosterone!

• Utley's Hair - Jun 3, 2011 at 3:01 PM

In A-Roid’s defense (did I actually type that?), Mr. Katie Holmes could be taken out by Abigail Breslin. (To make that remotely baseball related, Breslin was in Signs, in which Joaquin Phoenix played a washed up baseball player told by his dead sister to “Swing away, Merrill.”).

• baboushka - Jun 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM

LOLOLOL! hilarious.

8. halladaysbicepts - Jun 3, 2011 at 2:47 PM

A-Roid likes variety in his women, just like the variety he likes in his designer PEDs.

• nixonotis - Jun 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM

::crickets::

• halladaysbicepts - Jun 3, 2011 at 2:58 PM

???

9. cpinct - Jun 3, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Personally, I think they are both over rated, and grossly overpaid, for what they each bring to their respective trades. He’s a cheater, and she’s a sub par actress. They may just deserve each other.

10. Brian Murphy - Jun 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM

HBT is all about the post-script asterisk today.

11. kappy32 - Jun 3, 2011 at 3:44 PM

They must have ended it after a disagreement over lipstick shades. A-Rod prefers a glossy, pinkish-purple shade while Cameron is all about the red. What a shame.

12. toolkien - Jun 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM

If those two kids can’t make it in this crazy, mixed-up world, what chance do the rest of us have?

Really, you wonder just what juvenile, 13 year old B.S. she considered “going overboard to please him”, I’m sure she has the love notes with I’s dotted with hearts to prove it.

Probably entailed keeping her missile launching tirades to once a week. And she made sure her people routinely contacted his people to keep that spark alive.

Really, I remember a radio interview she did a few years back and she is not very bright. I mean not Hollywood put-on dumb blonde dumb, but real “I don’t have a clue how the real world works but I’m filled to the brim with ideas how other people should be living their lives” dumb. I’m sure A-rod took about as much of it as he could take.

13. trajanthe1st - Jun 3, 2011 at 4:14 PM

She went over board to please him? Just like the last 40 guys she’s f##ked in last few years, I suppose. She turned into a Paris Hilton quality skank.

14. henryd3rd - Jun 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Lots of haters out here today; but there’s no one who wouldn’t love to be in A-Rods cleats for one weekend. Madonna, Kate Hudson and Cameron Diaz? Plus what about those unknown beauties that we never hear about. He may be considered over rated by his peers; but he still does a lot of scoring off the field.

• ILoveBaseball - Jun 3, 2011 at 6:14 PM

A lot? That’s 3 in how many years? He’s still over rated.
      Yah, I know. Leave poor ARod alone. Sorry Len.

15. kingjoe1 - Jun 3, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Next up, Aston Kutcher

• Andrew - Jun 3, 2011 at 6:26 PM

For A-Rod???

• kingjoe1 - Jun 3, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Yes, for A-Rod. He seems to have run the gamut of ladies young hotties to old washed-up singers. Of Kutchner would ease A-Rod into the dude arena.

16. goforthanddie - Jun 3, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Damn, such Diaz hatred. I think she’s one of the few in Hollywood deserving of the term “smokedy hot”.

17. nyyankeedave - Jun 3, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Jeter would’ve known how to treat her. He may not have reached 3,000 hits ON the field yet, but off it….

All the trade deadline news to know