Jun 3, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Haren was scratched from tomorrow’s start and is now tentatively scheduled to start Tuesday against the Rays. While Haren will only be pushed back a couple days, this will be the first time he has missed a start since the 2005 season. The Angels had an off-day yesterday, so Ervin Santana will take his place tomorrow on regular rest.
Haren is 5-3 with a 2.29 ERA and 0.94 WHIP over 12 starts and one relief appearance this season. The 30-year-old right-hander currently ranks seventh in the American League with 74 strikeouts over 86 1/3 innings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 4
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 38
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)