Jun 3, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
According to Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times, Haren was scratched from tomorrow’s start and is now tentatively scheduled to start Tuesday against the Rays. While Haren will only be pushed back a couple days, this will be the first time he has missed a start since the 2005 season. The Angels had an off-day yesterday, so Ervin Santana will take his place tomorrow on regular rest.
Haren is 5-3 with a 2.29 ERA and 0.94 WHIP over 12 starts and one relief appearance this season. The 30-year-old right-hander currently ranks seventh in the American League with 74 strikeouts over 86 1/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 8
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 17
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)