Jun 3, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
The Mets just set a major league record by losing their sixth consecutive home game with a lead after seven innings. But somehow that’s not the worst news of the night.
Wright was scheduled for an X-ray today, but Rubin writes that this new timetable is based off the previous X-ray. Huh? Either way, the stress fracture in his back isn’t progressing as quickly as the Mets originally expected.
With a July-return now looking like the best case scenario, Alderson is at least trying to look on the bright side.
“Maybe we’ll have David back for Santana’s first start.”
If you put that comment through the Mets-translator, we can expect that event to take place sometime during the 2012 season.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)