Jun 3, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
The Mets just set a major league record by losing their sixth consecutive home game with a lead after seven innings. But somehow that’s not the worst news of the night.
Wright was scheduled for an X-ray today, but Rubin writes that this new timetable is based off the previous X-ray. Huh? Either way, the stress fracture in his back isn’t progressing as quickly as the Mets originally expected.
With a July-return now looking like the best case scenario, Alderson is at least trying to look on the bright side.
“Maybe we’ll have David back for Santana’s first start.”
If you put that comment through the Mets-translator, we can expect that event to take place sometime during the 2012 season.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 51
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 46
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 112
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (190)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (112)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)