Jun 3, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
The Mets just set a major league record by losing their sixth consecutive home game with a lead after seven innings. But somehow that’s not the worst news of the night.
Wright was scheduled for an X-ray today, but Rubin writes that this new timetable is based off the previous X-ray. Huh? Either way, the stress fracture in his back isn’t progressing as quickly as the Mets originally expected.
With a July-return now looking like the best case scenario, Alderson is at least trying to look on the bright side.
“Maybe we’ll have David back for Santana’s first start.”
If you put that comment through the Mets-translator, we can expect that event to take place sometime during the 2012 season.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 17
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 39
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 103
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)