Jun 3, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
The Mets just set a major league record by losing their sixth consecutive home game with a lead after seven innings. But somehow that’s not the worst news of the night.
Wright was scheduled for an X-ray today, but Rubin writes that this new timetable is based off the previous X-ray. Huh? Either way, the stress fracture in his back isn’t progressing as quickly as the Mets originally expected.
With a July-return now looking like the best case scenario, Alderson is at least trying to look on the bright side.
“Maybe we’ll have David back for Santana’s first start.”
If you put that comment through the Mets-translator, we can expect that event to take place sometime during the 2012 season.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)