Jun 3, 2011, 5:35 PM EST
Nick Johnson, who was rumored to have once played major league baseball, is going to get the start for the Double-A Akron Aeros tonight. I’m informed that it’s actually in a baseball-playing capacity as well. Interesting.
Now, everyone who remembered that Johnson signed with the Indians in the offseason, please raise your hands. Not you Nick: don’t want you to hurt anything due to unnecessary motion.
For his career, Nick Johnson has averaged 88 games a year. He played in 24 games for the Yankees last year, but unlike all of his other injury-shortened stints, he didn’t produce at all. I would put a little money on the proposition of him playing in the majors this season. I’d put way less that he’s productive. I’d put nothing on him staying healthy.
But hey, Nick Johnson.
- Hunter Pence hit in hand by pitch, headed for X-rays 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)