Jun 3, 2011, 5:35 PM EST
Nick Johnson, who was rumored to have once played major league baseball, is going to get the start for the Double-A Akron Aeros tonight. I’m informed that it’s actually in a baseball-playing capacity as well. Interesting.
Now, everyone who remembered that Johnson signed with the Indians in the offseason, please raise your hands. Not you Nick: don’t want you to hurt anything due to unnecessary motion.
For his career, Nick Johnson has averaged 88 games a year. He played in 24 games for the Yankees last year, but unlike all of his other injury-shortened stints, he didn’t produce at all. I would put a little money on the proposition of him playing in the majors this season. I’d put way less that he’s productive. I’d put nothing on him staying healthy.
But hey, Nick Johnson.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15