Jun 3, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Nick Johnson, who was rumored to have once played major league baseball, is going to get the start for the Double-A Akron Aeros tonight. I’m informed that it’s actually in a baseball-playing capacity as well. Interesting.
Now, everyone who remembered that Johnson signed with the Indians in the offseason, please raise your hands. Not you Nick: don’t want you to hurt anything due to unnecessary motion.
For his career, Nick Johnson has averaged 88 games a year. He played in 24 games for the Yankees last year, but unlike all of his other injury-shortened stints, he didn’t produce at all. I would put a little money on the proposition of him playing in the majors this season. I’d put way less that he’s productive. I’d put nothing on him staying healthy.
But hey, Nick Johnson.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)