Jun 3, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Tim Brown of Yahoo! hears from a source that MLB’s discipline czar Joe Torre is going to call Brian Sabean to talk about his comments regarding Scott Cousins. I would presume that there will be something of a “hey Brian, MLB frowns on senior management issuing or perpetuating defacto bounties on marginal rookies” flavor to the call.
I also presume that Sabean will have an apology issued at some point soon, after which we’ll hear that Buster Posey and Scott Cousins have had a brief call to talk about the play, thereby putting an end to all of this. Really, sometimes it just takes a total jackass like Brian Sabean to show us the way to a resolution.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 9
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 70
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 42
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 39
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)