Jun 3, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Tim Brown of Yahoo! hears from a source that MLB’s discipline czar Joe Torre is going to call Brian Sabean to talk about his comments regarding Scott Cousins. I would presume that there will be something of a “hey Brian, MLB frowns on senior management issuing or perpetuating defacto bounties on marginal rookies” flavor to the call.
I also presume that Sabean will have an apology issued at some point soon, after which we’ll hear that Buster Posey and Scott Cousins have had a brief call to talk about the play, thereby putting an end to all of this. Really, sometimes it just takes a total jackass like Brian Sabean to show us the way to a resolution.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)