Jun 3, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Tim Brown of Yahoo! hears from a source that MLB’s discipline czar Joe Torre is going to call Brian Sabean to talk about his comments regarding Scott Cousins. I would presume that there will be something of a “hey Brian, MLB frowns on senior management issuing or perpetuating defacto bounties on marginal rookies” flavor to the call.
I also presume that Sabean will have an apology issued at some point soon, after which we’ll hear that Buster Posey and Scott Cousins have had a brief call to talk about the play, thereby putting an end to all of this. Really, sometimes it just takes a total jackass like Brian Sabean to show us the way to a resolution.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 22
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)