Jun 3, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Tim Brown of Yahoo! hears from a source that MLB’s discipline czar Joe Torre is going to call Brian Sabean to talk about his comments regarding Scott Cousins. I would presume that there will be something of a “hey Brian, MLB frowns on senior management issuing or perpetuating defacto bounties on marginal rookies” flavor to the call.
I also presume that Sabean will have an apology issued at some point soon, after which we’ll hear that Buster Posey and Scott Cousins have had a brief call to talk about the play, thereby putting an end to all of this. Really, sometimes it just takes a total jackass like Brian Sabean to show us the way to a resolution.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 0
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 41
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 95
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (95)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)