Jun 3, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Remember last week that there was a fire at Dodger Stadium? And that, the next day, the same part of Dodger Stadium caught on fire again? Well, the fire department explained it today.
It seems that the flammable material that was supposed to be removed from the room was not removed. Also, quoting an LAFD spokeman, “Someone turned on a fan to clear the smoke out and [instead] they fanned the fire.”
Wait — it’s possible that the quote was actually referring to the way Frank McCourt met payroll last week. Hard to say.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11