Jun 3, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Remember last week that there was a fire at Dodger Stadium? And that, the next day, the same part of Dodger Stadium caught on fire again? Well, the fire department explained it today.
It seems that the flammable material that was supposed to be removed from the room was not removed. Also, quoting an LAFD spokeman, “Someone turned on a fan to clear the smoke out and [instead] they fanned the fire.”
Wait — it’s possible that the quote was actually referring to the way Frank McCourt met payroll last week. Hard to say.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8