Jun 3, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Remember last week that there was a fire at Dodger Stadium? And that, the next day, the same part of Dodger Stadium caught on fire again? Well, the fire department explained it today.
It seems that the flammable material that was supposed to be removed from the room was not removed. Also, quoting an LAFD spokeman, “Someone turned on a fan to clear the smoke out and [instead] they fanned the fire.”
Wait — it’s possible that the quote was actually referring to the way Frank McCourt met payroll last week. Hard to say.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)