Jun 3, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Brandon Webb‘s latest setback means he won’t be joining the Rangers’ rotation any time soon, but Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that Tommy Hunter is set to resume his minor-league rehab assignment Saturday.
Hunter’s last rehab outing was on May 9, when he aggravated a groin injury originally suffered in spring training and was shut down.
He’ll start Saturday at Triple-A, but it likely at least 2-3 weeks from making his 2011 debut in Texas after posting a 3.73 ERA despite sub par secondary numbers in 22 starts for the Rangers last season.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 21
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 16
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)