Jun 3, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Brandon Webb‘s latest setback means he won’t be joining the Rangers’ rotation any time soon, but Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that Tommy Hunter is set to resume his minor-league rehab assignment Saturday.
Hunter’s last rehab outing was on May 9, when he aggravated a groin injury originally suffered in spring training and was shut down.
He’ll start Saturday at Triple-A, but it likely at least 2-3 weeks from making his 2011 debut in Texas after posting a 3.73 ERA despite sub par secondary numbers in 22 starts for the Rangers last season.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 40
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 48
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)