Jun 3, 2011, 11:51 AM EST
Brandon Webb‘s latest setback means he won’t be joining the Rangers’ rotation any time soon, but Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that Tommy Hunter is set to resume his minor-league rehab assignment Saturday.
Hunter’s last rehab outing was on May 9, when he aggravated a groin injury originally suffered in spring training and was shut down.
He’ll start Saturday at Triple-A, but it likely at least 2-3 weeks from making his 2011 debut in Texas after posting a 3.73 ERA despite sub par secondary numbers in 22 starts for the Rangers last season.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 70
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)