Jun 3, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Brandon Webb‘s latest setback means he won’t be joining the Rangers’ rotation any time soon, but Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that Tommy Hunter is set to resume his minor-league rehab assignment Saturday.
Hunter’s last rehab outing was on May 9, when he aggravated a groin injury originally suffered in spring training and was shut down.
He’ll start Saturday at Triple-A, but it likely at least 2-3 weeks from making his 2011 debut in Texas after posting a 3.73 ERA despite sub par secondary numbers in 22 starts for the Rangers last season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 1
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)