Jun 3, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Brandon Webb‘s latest setback means he won’t be joining the Rangers’ rotation any time soon, but Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that Tommy Hunter is set to resume his minor-league rehab assignment Saturday.
Hunter’s last rehab outing was on May 9, when he aggravated a groin injury originally suffered in spring training and was shut down.
He’ll start Saturday at Triple-A, but it likely at least 2-3 weeks from making his 2011 debut in Texas after posting a 3.73 ERA despite sub par secondary numbers in 22 starts for the Rangers last season.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 8
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires