Jun 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Willy Aybar‘s lack of free agent offers was explained a few weeks ago by a report that he spent three months in a Dominican Republic prison for allegedly beating his wife so badly that she was in intensive care.
And now according to the St. Petersburg Times the former Rays, Dodgers, and Braves player–and brother of Angels shortstop Erick Aybar–was arrested again Sunday in Seattle and charged with assaulting his wife at a hotel.
Here are some details from the report:
Aybar was found “extremely intoxicated” at the front entrance. Police went to Aybar’s room, where his wife was crying and holding a bloody towel to her face and had a cut lip and an abrasion on her forehead and cheek, police documents said.
Innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but … man, what a world-class, inner-circle scumbag.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)