Jun 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Willy Aybar‘s lack of free agent offers was explained a few weeks ago by a report that he spent three months in a Dominican Republic prison for allegedly beating his wife so badly that she was in intensive care.
And now according to the St. Petersburg Times the former Rays, Dodgers, and Braves player–and brother of Angels shortstop Erick Aybar–was arrested again Sunday in Seattle and charged with assaulting his wife at a hotel.
Here are some details from the report:
Aybar was found “extremely intoxicated” at the front entrance. Police went to Aybar’s room, where his wife was crying and holding a bloody towel to her face and had a cut lip and an abrasion on her forehead and cheek, police documents said.
Innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but … man, what a world-class, inner-circle scumbag.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 65
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)