Jun 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Willy Aybar‘s lack of free agent offers was explained a few weeks ago by a report that he spent three months in a Dominican Republic prison for allegedly beating his wife so badly that she was in intensive care.
And now according to the St. Petersburg Times the former Rays, Dodgers, and Braves player–and brother of Angels shortstop Erick Aybar–was arrested again Sunday in Seattle and charged with assaulting his wife at a hotel.
Here are some details from the report:
Aybar was found “extremely intoxicated” at the front entrance. Police went to Aybar’s room, where his wife was crying and holding a bloody towel to her face and had a cut lip and an abrasion on her forehead and cheek, police documents said.
Innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but … man, what a world-class, inner-circle scumbag.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)