Jun 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Willy Aybar‘s lack of free agent offers was explained a few weeks ago by a report that he spent three months in a Dominican Republic prison for allegedly beating his wife so badly that she was in intensive care.
And now according to the St. Petersburg Times the former Rays, Dodgers, and Braves player–and brother of Angels shortstop Erick Aybar–was arrested again Sunday in Seattle and charged with assaulting his wife at a hotel.
Here are some details from the report:
Aybar was found “extremely intoxicated” at the front entrance. Police went to Aybar’s room, where his wife was crying and holding a bloody towel to her face and had a cut lip and an abrasion on her forehead and cheek, police documents said.
Innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but … man, what a world-class, inner-circle scumbag.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)