Jun 3, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Willy Aybar‘s lack of free agent offers was explained a few weeks ago by a report that he spent three months in a Dominican Republic prison for allegedly beating his wife so badly that she was in intensive care.
And now according to the St. Petersburg Times the former Rays, Dodgers, and Braves player–and brother of Angels shortstop Erick Aybar–was arrested again Sunday in Seattle and charged with assaulting his wife at a hotel.
Here are some details from the report:
Aybar was found “extremely intoxicated” at the front entrance. Police went to Aybar’s room, where his wife was crying and holding a bloody towel to her face and had a cut lip and an abrasion on her forehead and cheek, police documents said.
Innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff, but … man, what a world-class, inner-circle scumbag.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)