Buster Posey releases statement in response to Scott Cousins

Jun 4, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT

Buster Posey injured AP

According to Carl Steward of the San Jose Mercury News, Buster Posey just released the following three-paragraph statement:

“I appreciate the continued support of Giants fans and others as I begin the process of working my way back. But in no way do I condone threats of any kind against Scott Cousins or his family.

“As I said last week, I’m not out to vilify Scott. I appreciate that he made the effort to reach out to me on the night of the play, but I was in no physical condition to talk to anyone. I have not been back with the team since that night, so I haven’t even been aware of any other messages he’s left for me. We all need to move on, so it isn’t necessary to have a conversation with him at this point.

“My only focus right now is looking forward, getting healthy and returning to catching for the Giants.”

It’s nice that Posey is calling out the nut jobs threatening Scott Cousins and his family, but I have a feeling this statement isn’t going to please everyone. After all, if he has the ability to issue a statement like this, couldn’t he just return Cousins’ phone call? It’s difficult to put myself in Posey’s shoes, of course, but I feel it would go a long way towards ending this whole controversy, both privately and publicly.

1. seeingwhatsticks - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:07 PM

It’s not Posey’s job to talk to make Cousins feel better. If Posey was talking about what a dirty player Cousins is then that would be one thing, but he’s clearly not doing that.

• D.J. Short - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Fair enough. Like I said, difficult to put myself in his position. But it’s just a little disappointing that apparently won’t happen.

• seeingwhatsticks - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Why is it disappointing? Let’s say you’re in a car accident. You got rear ended, you’re injured, and a car you loved is possibly totalled. Would you want to have a conversation with the person who hit you, even if it was completely unintentional? Doesn’t have to mean you hate them or wish for bad things to happen to them, but what would you really talk about and what would be the point of the conversation?

• D.J. Short - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Not even close to the same thing.

• seeingwhatsticks - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Really? No one wanted the car accident to happen but that’s the risk we all take when we drive, the same way no one wanted the collision or the injury but that’s part of the risk taken by playing a sport. What’s to be gained from a conversation between Posey and Cousins? It’s not like they were friends prior to the injury and have a need to clear the air.

• pjmarn6 - Jun 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM

This is from a site on “BLOCKING THE PLATE” on the internet: The contents of this is taught every boy who plays organized baseball:
      TechniqueAny time there is a close play at home plate, meaning the ball and runner reach the plate at the same time, the catcher squats in front of the plate to block a clear path. Unless he is willing to be tagged out, the runner who is faced with a blocked plate has two choices. He can:

1.Attempt to slide around the catcher and avoid being tagged, or,
      The catcher soon becomes aware of which option the runner will choose. If the runner slides, the catcher will make a sweeping motion with his glove to quickly tag the runner out. Otherwise, the catcher must do everything he can to brace for the impact and keep the ball in his glove.
      If you review the tape, the ball clearly beat cousins to the plate. Posey missed catching the ball. Cousins can see that and if you watch the slow motion of the play Posey turns into the running Cousins. Now in that instant nobody knows where the ball is and both Posey who turns into Cousins and Cousins appear to believe Posey has the ball. If so Cousins is OUT!
      As you read above the runner should 2.Collide with the catcher with such force that the catcher has no chance of keeping possession of the ball. And Cousins did that! A slide and if Posey has the ball all he has to do is stick out the glove and tag Cousins as he tries to slide under Posey. If you look at a different angle of the play close up from the first base side, you see that Posey’s left foot is twisted. It appears that the leading cleat on the left shoe is dug into the dirt. With the force of the collision and his left foot held to the ground, the injury occurs.
      According to what these men were taught from little league up they both played the game properly and if the foot was straight or Posey learning forward there would have been no injury.

[edit] Risk

• Chris K - Jun 5, 2011 at 1:58 AM

win

• pjmarn6 - Jun 10, 2011 at 6:39 PM

The baseball rules are quite clear and Cousins was in his right to bowl into Posey to knock the ball loose if Posey had had the ball. Check the baseball rules. What you haven’t seen is the slow motion picture of Posey’s left foot prior to his attempt to catch the ball. The forewardmost cleat of his left shoe appears to be caught either in the dirt or on the home plate. There are internet sites you can look at to verify this. Before Cousins hit Posey his left foot was twisted. When Posey missed the ball and without the ball turned into Cousins, his left foot was twisted more and caused the injury. Had Posey been leaning forward or had his left foot not be twisted or caught he would not have been hurt. Also Posey knew he didn’t have the ball, as it bounced away from him. Therefore he knew by not being able to touch the ball, he didn’t have it and should not have gotten in the way of Cousins. All you have to do is watch the slow motion replays from both sides of the plate and you will convince yourself. It was a rough but clean play and well within the rules of baseball.

2. drmonkeyarmy - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I’m over this story. Hey, do a story about how stupid ESPN insider is. Seriously, those greedy jerks over there making people pay for what should be free content. The consumer shouldn’t sit idly by and let those executives sit on their wads of cash, while the sports fan has to shell out extra money to read stuff. Not cool. World Wide Leader in sports my ass. All for what, so Chris Berman can get eat another piece of cake? Or hire another writer to come up with dumb catch phrases? It is time for their perversion of sports and America to stop. First, making people pay for content. Second, letting Jim Gray do that farce called the “Decision”; what could possibly be next? What other fraud are they going to commit on the American public?

• joshfrancis50 - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Why does ESPN owe you anything? Are you also pissed that the NY Times still charges for the paper? Or that you have to pay for cable television?

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:28 PM

At what point did I say ESPN owes me anything? I said that the content provided in ESPN insider should be free. There is no reason to charge for that content other then to screw the consumer out of a few extra bucks. It is nonsense. Furthermore, there is a big difference in charging for a print newspaper. They must be delivered and printed, etc.

• pjmarn6 - Jun 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM

You are all too young to remember when baseball was free on tv and radio. It was the ADVERTISEMENTS that paid for the broadcasts. Bud Selig just adnounced that baseball revenue jumped 600% in the last 10 years or so. That can only be due to eliminating free baseball from tv and radio, raising seat prices, superraising food prices and everything else. And Bud Selig was proud of that. U.S. inflation for those 10 years or so was 100% why should baseball revenues jump 6 times as much. Easy to figure out. For example, New York Yankees charge $2,500 for a seat. The $10 hotdogs cost them wholesale less than .30. I’ve been a fan for over 60 years but the New York Yankees haven’t earned one cent from me in over 25 years. I can still follow them in the newspaper and you know what, I don’t miss watching them or hearing the idiots Sterling or the other overpuffed ego broadcaster.
        Most of you never heard Rizzuto, White, Mel Allen, Red Barber or Bobby Murcer. These were the gentlemen of the game. Experts on baseball, polite, knowledgeable and a joy to listen to. The first time I listened to Sterling and that bigoted big mouth Kay, it took all the warmth and enjoyment away from the game. Steinbrenner offered Rizzuto a fortune to return and it was reported later that Rizzuto refused as he disliked Kay and was in no way going to lower his standards to work with him. I found Rizzuto’s opinion all too true. And I soon stopped watching and listening to the game. One day before I stopped listening, I heard Kay and Sterling laughing and commenting on how much they were using the delay kill button to filter out negative comments about their broadcasting. For those of you who don’t know all television and radio comments on games are delayed, six seconds I believe, so announcers can kill a callers remarks without them being heard by the on liine public. And these two were filtering out an enormous amount of negative calls. I later read that Kay had been ass kissing George Steinbrenner and became George’s favorite boy and got and kept the job inspite of all the negative criticism. So when they took the games off WPIX and off the radio, I didn’t miss them. And when I see A. Rod making $54,000 an at bat more than what a school teacher makes a year, I don’t see baseball as a game any more.

• royalsfaninfargo - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Dr. Monkey, i would suggest that there are at least 5 better sites on the net to get sports info than ESPN. They basically regurgitate what teams, owners, and the leagues want them to say anyways.

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Yeah, what sites? I would like to know.

• royalsfaninfargo - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:02 PM

outside of Hardballtalk (obviously)…there is foxsports.com, sbnation.com, yardbarker.com, for fans perspective there is bleacherreport.com. Hardballtimes.com is a great one for in depth stats and analysis. Check them out they are usually pretty good.

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Thanks Royalsfan…I will check them out.

• halladaysbicepts - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Good Doctor,

I agree with you. The ESPN Insider is a joke. They are whores. I wouldn’t give them 1 cent to read the likes of people like Buster Olney or Keith Law. They over-analyze the game of baseball to the point that you want to puke.

People that pay for that crap are probably the same people that gave their life savings away to Harold Camping.

• uberfatty - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Devil’s Advocate argument for ESPN:

1. If people didn’t pay for the content, and bring more money into the company, they wouldn’t offer it. They offer it because people pay money for it. As a consumer if you disagree, don’t pay for the product.

2. Insider is free for subscribers to ESPN Magazine (the content of which is a whole other debate, but I disgress)

3. What is the reason that any content produced *should* be free? Who is to say what *should* be free and what should require purchasing?

If you want to argue about the quality of the content that is different. Or maybe that was your point all along that the writing they provide to Insiders is shit writing anyways. But of course if that were true, why would you care about it being free or not, since you presumably wouldn’t read it in the first place?

Finally, I’d like to note that Keith Law is awesome and his coverage is pretty much the only reason I continue to subscribe to The Magazine.

• cur68 - Jun 5, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Berman like Pie. That’s why he sucks. Its the pie, I tell you! Stuff’s evil.

3. skerney - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Everyones said what they have needed to say. Please let’s move on, this is a dead horse.

4. halladaysbicepts - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Here’s the only response I want to see, and it should be from Major League Baseball: “Any further talk from any organization or player about the Buster Posey incident will be immediately fined $100,000.00.”

Period. End of story.

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I don’t understand why people are giving you thumbs downs for your comment. All you did was use a bit of hyperbole to illustrate your point that you are tired of the story. Are people not tired of this story? Do they want to hear what Cody Ross and Pat Burrell have to say?

• halladaysbicepts - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Good Doctor,

I don’t even care about the thumbs up/thumbs down crap. Most of the people doing that is because they either don’t like my opinion on something that I wrote 3 weeks ago or are not fond of the Phillies. Either way, I don’t care.

I’ll tell you something, though. I think I know why people other than Giants fans are so upset with this Posey issue. Most of the people upset are probably Fantasy League/Sabermetric geeks that drafted Posey high in their leagues and now that he’s not playing, are upset because it screwed up their “Fantasy Team”.

They could care less about this kid’s health or career.

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Oh, I don’t care if I get a tons of thumbs downs. People give me negative remarks all the time. I just find it fascinating that two people can say the exact same things and one gets a positive response and the other not so much. You are probably right about the sabermetrics things. You see that stuff across all sports when somebody gets hurt. Some joker will say, there goes my fantasy team. Then reply with a just kidding….but you know they weren’t. I am tired of this story, too. All parties and teams and executives involved need to move on.

• halladaysbicepts - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Exactly, Doctor. It’s what they call a lynch mob mentality. On several of these blogging sites, if you don’t agree with the majority (while they are all agreeing with themselves), they gang up on you and call you a troll.

However, it’s people like you and cur that keep me posting. While we don’t always agree, we can still have a legitamate conversation or debate.

Just think about it this way, the more thumbs down you get, it’s probably because your comment makes people think. For a lot of people, they don’t like to think for themselves.

• Mark - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I do agree with what you’re saying here, because I’m tired of hearing it too. I’ll even give you a thumbs up for it.

But 90% of the time you’re not getting thumbs down because you make people think. Let’s clear that one up. And nobody cares that you’re a Phillies fan because realistically every fan is a homer for their team.

• ditto65 - Jun 4, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I just checked my medical journal, and even when spelled incorrectly biceps can not think.

• nixonotis - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I hate you both.

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:33 PM

That is not very nice. Is there a reason for this hatred? Is it because I prefer pie to cake? I have an affinity for all the commenters on this site…there is some good spirited debate.

• halladaysbicepts - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Well, the bicepts loves you. I have a new philosophy. I will not engage in any more insults towards the likes of you nor anyone else that wants to goad me on.

Honestly, I’m tired of it.

Insult me all you want. You will get no negative response from me.

• nixonotis - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:01 PM

You smell funny.

• cur68 - Jun 5, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Ah, jeez nixon, cut it out. I can see you’re just teasing him but the guy genuinely wants to move on from being a lightening rod for insults. Lets give it rest for now, kay? Hell, there’s plenty of true douches that post on this thing. You wait; we haven’t heard the last of ‘cup0pizza’ or ‘dirtyhary71′ or that big fan fave ‘rapmusicmademedoit’ (and don’t even get me started on that sanctimonious blow hard ‘chrisny7′). Those guys never back down, never apologize, never hardly post except to mock, belittle or say some rude crap. ‘bicepts aint all that bad and sometimes he’s pretty funny. I need the laughs, man.

5. royalsfaninfargo - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Blah, blah, blah, blah….Thats all this and every other statement made about this from everyone involved is. Whether they are current or former players or even management. I do believe there are actual games being played in MLB at this moment!

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I agree with Royalsfan. There has to be a better subject to debate/discuss.

6. jxegh - Jun 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Cousins made an legal play in baseball, but fair? When is it “fair” to run full speed into another player when they are trying to catch a ball and then turning to tag you? I’ve always considered this type of play a cheap shot. That being said, it’s part of the game and I don’t think the rule should be changed. And Buster doesn’t owe anything to Cousins, so quit saying it dissapoints you.

• D.J. Short - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Like I said, I can’t put myself in his shoes. If he doesn’t want to talk to Cousins, fine. I get that. But I am allowed to be disappointed with how this situation has played out. And I am.

• royalsfaninfargo - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Well said sir. Well said.

• jxegh - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Yes, the situation has played out poorly, but by no means is it Buster’s fault. Cousins took a legal, cheap shot at him. Quit playing the peacemaker between the two. Sabean should have keeped his mouth shut.

• royalsfaninfargo - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I have a solution to this whole mess. Lets get Posey and Cousins together and get them drunk. Really drunk. Than make them kiss each other, take a pic of it and post it on the net. After that i dont believe we would be talking about a collision that happened over a week and a half ago!

• halladaysbicepts - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Good idea. Then, while they are kissing, Pat “The Machine” Burrell can walk in dressed in his gimp suit. Man, what a picture that would make here at HBT!

• Jonny 5 - Jun 6, 2011 at 8:34 AM

This is no place for your homoerotic fantasies about baseball players. Penthouse accepts these types of stories, you may even get it published if it’s good enough. J/K lol….

• D.J. Short - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM

The answer to any difference of opinion is almost always beer summit.

7. hcf95688 - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Buster sounds like a little bitch. He belongs in San Francisco.

• halladaysbicepts - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Hahahahahaha!!!

I have no reponse. That’s too good.

8. paperlions - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I am no more disappointed in Posey’s statement than I am in Cousins’ statement, which failed to acknowledge that Posey did leave him a clear path to the plate and running him over wasn’t necessary to score.

I don’t expect Cousins to admit that his play was unnecessary (which would be of no benefit to Cousins) any more than I expect Posey to place a call to Cousins (which would be of no benefit to Posey).

• jxegh - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Yep, no matter which side of the fence your on, you just hit the nail on the head.

• biglouie15 - Jun 4, 2011 at 9:16 PM

i agree. Having watched the play many times, Cousins had the 3rd base side of the plate open and could have slid into the right hand batter’s box and touched the plate. Instead he launched himself leading with his left shoulder at Posey’s upper body.

Many have said it was legal but in my opinion, it was a cheap shot.

9. takemytalentstosoutheuclid - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I don’t see what the big deal is. We’re not talking about a sure fire hall of famer here. I mean, the kid is a solid player, but he’s batting .284 with 4 HR’s. There are easily 6 or 7 catchers that are outplaying him. I know he was a super hyped prospect, and had a great half year in 2010, but let’s stop pretending that Cousins mowed over Pujols or Jeter here…

This is a clear cut case of 2 young and inexperienced pro’s that each could have done things differently to avoid this, but didn’t. Nothing else to see or say here.

• halladaysbicepts - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Preach on, brother. Like I said above, it seems to me that most of the people that are upset over this besides Giants fans are the ones that probably had Posey on their “Fantasy Team” and could care less about the kid’s health or career.

• seeingwhatsticks - Jun 4, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Just for the comedy value, please list the 6 or 7 catchers that are outplaying Buster Posey.

• royalsfaninfargo - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:00 PM

At the risk of sounding like a dick, i would put forward the proposition that all catchers are playing better than Posey. Seeing how he is out for the season and all.

• seeingwhatsticks - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Posey in 160 career games:

.294/.353/.462/.815, 22 HR, 88 RBI, 37% caught stealing

I’m sure there are 6-7 catchers playing better than that right now.

• takemytalentstosoutheuclid - Jun 4, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Ok, here are 11 of them.

Hits/AB’s Runs, HR’s, RBI’s, stolen bases, avg.

Russell Martin
        39/171 26 6 24 2 .228
        Matt Wieters
        88% 45/171 19 5 27 0 .263
        Buster Posey
        46/162 17 4 21 3 .284

• cur68 - Jun 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM

If I hadn’t come into this debate so late (damn 12 hour shifts on the weekends!) I’d have said “any catcher named Molina and probably J. P. Arencibia” right away. I read takemytalentstosoutheuclid’ s list (great handle by the way) and discovered to my eternal joy that I was right. I’m a big fan of my future brother Yadier (due to me changing my name to Cur “El Gaucho” Molina) and the Jay’s catcher, Arencibia. The fact that they are both better than Posey, the ROY last season and a WS winning catcher, makes me very happy. Thanks for getting that list up there ‘southeuclid.

10. couldntthinkofaname - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:32 PM

To those who say Posey doesn’t have to accept Cousins’ apology, that’s fine. He and Sabean are showing what classless jerks they are. Cousins shouldn’t have apologized in the first place. Posey contributed to this as much as Cousins did–just ask Johnny Bench. I don’t remember hearing Mike Sciosia whining like a baby when Jack Clark knocked him out.

• seeingwhatsticks - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Do you really think Scioscia was talking to Jack Clark after he got knocked out though? How is Buster classless for not talking to Cousins considering he hasn’t actually said anything negative about Cousins?

• royalsfaninfargo - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I think you are right. I doubt very highly that Scioscia and Clark made nice. Scioscia had a nasty streak in him, still does, but that is what made him a good catcher. He has said he doesnt think any rules should be changed.

• micker716 - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I’ll bet you Sciosia would have picked up the phone if Clark reached out. Sciosia has class, Posey has a lot to learn.

• seeingwhatsticks - Jun 4, 2011 at 8:10 PM

You clearly don’t know anything about Mike Scioscia the player. One of the toughest, meanest players of the last 30-40 years. No way he talks to Clark after that.

11. jxegh - Jun 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Sabean is classless, but not Buster. Cousins doesn’t have to apologize for his legal, cheap shot and Buster doesn’t have to be his friend.

• clydeserra - Jun 4, 2011 at 9:40 PM

how was it cheap? which was worse, the cousins hit, or the Schierholtz hit in the olympics? or the Sandoval hit on Domit?

• jxegh - Jun 4, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I’ve already answered the “how was it cheap” question. I’d say the Pete Rose hit on Ray Fosse was cheapest because it was in a all-star game where the catcher probably wouldn’t expect it. The Schierholtz blast was pretty low too considering both the size of the opposing player and the level of the team they were playing. And that’s why Sabean is classless you idiot.

• clydeserra - Jun 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM

you said it was cheap, how was it cheap?

question 2, why am I an idiot?

• thefuture743 - Jun 5, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Watch the video. Hellen Keller could see that was cheap. Was it legal? Absolutely, but still cheap. Buster posey was a good 2-3 feet in front of the plate. Cousins easily couldve scored if he had confidence in his slide. Before someone ranks on my comment, I’m not a giants fan or a marlins fan and Brian mccan is my fantasy catcher. I’m just a guy who believes plays like this have no place in baseball even if it is legal.

• clydeserra - Jun 5, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Here is the thing, if that one was cheap, almost all others are cheap. It make no sense to call this one cheap. They all are the same.

That play is universally described as legal. that should be the end of it.

Bowling people over does not work like it did before Johnny Bench redesigned the baseball glove 40 years ago. Sliding is almost always better.

Further, this is not a video game. Cousins cannot hit a button and do a hookslide. Everyone in the ballpark including Posey had to be expecting a collision when the pay started. Cousins had to choose, slide or barrel before Posey caught the ball. Since Barrel is the accepted baseball way to end that play, that is what he chose. At 10 feet from home plate he cannot easily change because posey is not going to be right in front of the plate or have the ball (both things unknowable to cousins).

• jxegh - Jun 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM

@clydeserra – If you scroll up and read my previous posts, you’ll see that I think whenever a player decides to run over the catcher at home, it is a legal, cheap shot. All of them. Sandoval’s, Schierholtz’s – which by the way caused an international debate – Rose’s et al. Cousins, like you said, decided to run Buster over from the begining and 10 feet away, before the catcher turns toward him for the tag, has his decision made. I’ve also said Cousins does not need to apologize for this, so why is he? Because it was a cheap shot! So tell me, why does Buster need to reach out to Cousins? The only person to blame for extending this whole debate it Sabean. If he keeps his mouth shut, both Buster and Cousins can move on.

And you’re an idiot for not reading my prevous posts which would have explained my position.

• clydeserra - Jun 6, 2011 at 2:10 AM

So your answer is, its a cheap shot because he apologized?

Ok, so you can’t answer the question. Just say that. Its alright.

I am an idiot for not reading your history?

Ok.

12. micker716 - Jun 4, 2011 at 9:40 PM

seeingwhatsticks,
    Tough and mean on the field doesn’t mean that Scioscia wasn’t (and isn’t) a gentleman off of it. I disagree that I don’t know anything about Scioscia, The Player, however I concede that your spelling prowess gives you more credibility.

• seeingwhatsticks - Jun 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Scioscia played in an era when players who competed against each other didn’t fraternize off the field, especially when they were Dodgers and Giants.

13. josue69 - Jun 5, 2011 at 1:01 AM

This topic of Posey is so outdone. I wonder if Pete Rose recieved death threats for his hit on Fosse. Geez. The giants win one championship and now their world is over. Sabean’s comments were totally irresponsible and dangerous. Unless posey was slated to be the next Berra, or Carter, or Sciocia, or Bench or Rodriguez, or Yeager or Gibson or Santiago(pre steroids), or Piazza….he had a good year, enough to be rookie of the year and I know that people really like him, (women), but seriously, that is baseball san francisco and there is no crying in baseball!!

14. jaypace - Jun 5, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Hcf I was going to say the same thing. Obviously cousins feels bad, let him apologize directly to posey, he can accept and that would provide closure for the organizations and the fans who still care about this sh*t.

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto