Jun 4, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
Well, that was quick.
After going 2-for-3 with a walk in his first minor league rehab game with Double-A Bowie last night, the Orioles are set to activate Derrek Lee from the disabled list for tonight’s game against the Blue Jays.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com writes that Lee will have to make it through batting practice first, but all indications are that he will play first base and bat fifth against left-hander Ricky Romero.
Lee has been on the disabled list since May 17 with a strained left oblique. The 35-year-old first baseman was batting .231/.311/.346 with four homers and 14 RBI over his first 177 plate appearances prior to the injury.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)