Jun 4, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
Well, that was quick.
After going 2-for-3 with a walk in his first minor league rehab game with Double-A Bowie last night, the Orioles are set to activate Derrek Lee from the disabled list for tonight’s game against the Blue Jays.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com writes that Lee will have to make it through batting practice first, but all indications are that he will play first base and bat fifth against left-hander Ricky Romero.
Lee has been on the disabled list since May 17 with a strained left oblique. The 35-year-old first baseman was batting .231/.311/.346 with four homers and 14 RBI over his first 177 plate appearances prior to the injury.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 9
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 82
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (82)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)