Jun 4, 2011, 4:38 PM EST
Well, that was quick.
After going 2-for-3 with a walk in his first minor league rehab game with Double-A Bowie last night, the Orioles are set to activate Derrek Lee from the disabled list for tonight’s game against the Blue Jays.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com writes that Lee will have to make it through batting practice first, but all indications are that he will play first base and bat fifth against left-hander Ricky Romero.
Lee has been on the disabled list since May 17 with a strained left oblique. The 35-year-old first baseman was batting .231/.311/.346 with four homers and 14 RBI over his first 177 plate appearances prior to the injury.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 4
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 50
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 49
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 52
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)