Jun 4, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
He’s not going to be placed on the disabled list, but the veteran is again out of the Pale Hose starting lineup Saturday against the Tigers and could rest up during Sunday’s series finale as well.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen spoke about Konerko with Scot Gregor of the Arlington Heights Daily Herald before first pitch Saturday:
“I don’t expect him to play tomorrow,” Guillen said. “If he comes out and says he’s ready to play, that’s a plus.”
Konerko, 35, is batting .310/.381/.516 this year with 12 home runs and 44 RBI through his first 57 games. He’s been one of the few consistent offensive contributors this season on the south side of Chicago.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)