Jun 4, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
He’s not going to be placed on the disabled list, but the veteran is again out of the Pale Hose starting lineup Saturday against the Tigers and could rest up during Sunday’s series finale as well.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen spoke about Konerko with Scot Gregor of the Arlington Heights Daily Herald before first pitch Saturday:
“I don’t expect him to play tomorrow,” Guillen said. “If he comes out and says he’s ready to play, that’s a plus.”
Konerko, 35, is batting .310/.381/.516 this year with 12 home runs and 44 RBI through his first 57 games. He’s been one of the few consistent offensive contributors this season on the south side of Chicago.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)