Jun 4, 2011, 7:05 PM EST
He’s not going to be placed on the disabled list, but the veteran is again out of the Pale Hose starting lineup Saturday against the Tigers and could rest up during Sunday’s series finale as well.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen spoke about Konerko with Scot Gregor of the Arlington Heights Daily Herald before first pitch Saturday:
“I don’t expect him to play tomorrow,” Guillen said. “If he comes out and says he’s ready to play, that’s a plus.”
Konerko, 35, is batting .310/.381/.516 this year with 12 home runs and 44 RBI through his first 57 games. He’s been one of the few consistent offensive contributors this season on the south side of Chicago.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 71
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (142)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)