Jun 4, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
12:00 PM: Another injury for the Dodgers’ infield? Shocking, I know.
Rafael Furcal left last night’s game against the Reds after suffering an injury to his left side during a rundown play in the second inning. According to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, when asked if Furcal would need to be placed on the disabled list, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said, “that’s the way it sounded.”
Furcal has already missed six weeks this season due to a broken left thumb. If this is an oblique injury, as the Dodgers fear, then Furcal could be sidelined for a month. The 33-year-old shortstop is batting .212/.246/.273 with one home run, five RBI and two stolen bases in four attempts over his first 17 games this season.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris