Jun 4, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
12:00 PM: Another injury for the Dodgers’ infield? Shocking, I know.
Rafael Furcal left last night’s game against the Reds after suffering an injury to his left side during a rundown play in the second inning. According to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com, when asked if Furcal would need to be placed on the disabled list, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said, “that’s the way it sounded.”
Furcal has already missed six weeks this season due to a broken left thumb. If this is an oblique injury, as the Dodgers fear, then Furcal could be sidelined for a month. The 33-year-old shortstop is batting .212/.246/.273 with one home run, five RBI and two stolen bases in four attempts over his first 17 games this season.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 114
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (118)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)