Jun 5, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Longoria actually made an early exit from Saturday’s game because of the discomfort, which may be related to the left oblique strain that caused him to miss 28 games earlier this season.
The Rays are going to play this one safe, though all indications point to the 25-year-old avoiding another stint on the 15-day disabled list. Felipe Lopez started at third base on Sunday afternoon against Mariners left-hander Erik Bedard. The Rays don’t have an off day Monday.
Longoria is batting .239/.351/.425 with four home runs and 12 RBI this season. He’s played in only 32 games.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)