Jun 5, 2011, 9:12 AM EST
Orioles shortstop prospect Manny Machado suffered a patella subluxation of his left knee in early May while playing in a game at Single-A Delmarva.
He’s been rehabbing at the Orioles’ spring training complex for the past couple weeks and is just about ready to rejoin the Delmarva Shorebirds.
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, Machado is expected to leave extended spring training on Sunday and return to the Delmarva starting lineup on Monday against West Virginia.
Machado, 18, was selected with the third overall pick in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft. He has posted a .333/.450/.611 batting line, five home runs and 21 RBI in 111 plate appearances this season at a low level of Single-A and could climb his way to High-A ball by the end of the year if all continues going well. The Florida native is one of the top prospects in all of baseball.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)