Jun 5, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Orioles shortstop prospect Manny Machado suffered a patella subluxation of his left knee in early May while playing in a game at Single-A Delmarva.
He’s been rehabbing at the Orioles’ spring training complex for the past couple weeks and is just about ready to rejoin the Delmarva Shorebirds.
According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, Machado is expected to leave extended spring training on Sunday and return to the Delmarva starting lineup on Monday against West Virginia.
Machado, 18, was selected with the third overall pick in the 2010 MLB Amateur Draft. He has posted a .333/.450/.611 batting line, five home runs and 21 RBI in 111 plate appearances this season at a low level of Single-A and could climb his way to High-A ball by the end of the year if all continues going well. The Florida native is one of the top prospects in all of baseball.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 0
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 11
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 8
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles