Jun 5, 2011, 10:33 AM EST
Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News passes along notice that Yankees starter Phil Hughes has been cleared to report to the team’s spring training complex in Tampa to continue his rehabilitation from right arm fatigue. He’ll arrive there Monday.
He told the Daily News that the workout went well, and that he’s feeling pretty strong:
“I felt like the ball was coming out of my hand good and I had no issues throwing. Everything seemed pretty sharp. At this stage, I think that’s pretty much all I can ask for. I’ve said all along I won’t know for sure until I get in a game, but so far everything has been right where I want it. There’s somewhat of a timetable now; I can sort of start to look ahead.”
Hughes will begin participating in extended spring training games within the next few days. If everything goes smoothly, he could begin a minor league rehab assignment by the middle of June.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi suggested last week that Hughes could be back before the All-Star break.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 121
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 64
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)