Jun 5, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Choo believes he is thinking too much and trying too hard to make a good impression since he was charged with drunken driving.
The note is not accompanied by any kind of quote from Choo, so we’ll just have to assume that the Korean-born outfielder has indeed expressed that DUI-related frustration to reporters. The numbers certainly add up.
Choo was arrested on May 2 for driving under the influence of alcohol outside downtown Cleveland. He blew a .201 blood-alcohol level in a state where the legal blood-alcohol limit is .08. Since that arrest, the 28-year-old outfielder has hit just .233/.316/.320 with one home run and seven RBI in 27 games. He has struck out 30 times and drawn just 10 walks in that span. This from a guy who still owns a superb .857 career OPS.
Choo is batting sixth in the Indians’ lineup Sunday for the first time this season. He normally bats third.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)