Jun 6, 2011, 7:50 PM EST
Craig told us earlier today that Jake Peavy was likely headed for the disabled list with strained right groin. That still might happen, but the White Sox are in a bit of a holding pattern following an MRI earlier today.
According to Doug Padilla of ESPNChicago.com, the White Sox will evaluate Peavy on a day-to-day basis after he was diagnosed with a mild right groin strain.
Peavy left yesterday’s start against the Tigers after allowing six runs on three hits over and three walks over four innings. He has a 4.66 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio over his first five starts since returning from shoulder surgery.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said before tonight’s game that they will move ahead with a five-man rotation while Peavy is sidelined.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)