Jun 6, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
Craig told us earlier today that Jake Peavy was likely headed for the disabled list with strained right groin. That still might happen, but the White Sox are in a bit of a holding pattern following an MRI earlier today.
According to Doug Padilla of ESPNChicago.com, the White Sox will evaluate Peavy on a day-to-day basis after he was diagnosed with a mild right groin strain.
Peavy left yesterday’s start against the Tigers after allowing six runs on three hits over and three walks over four innings. He has a 4.66 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio over his first five starts since returning from shoulder surgery.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said before tonight’s game that they will move ahead with a five-man rotation while Peavy is sidelined.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)