Jun 6, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
Craig told us earlier today that Jake Peavy was likely headed for the disabled list with strained right groin. That still might happen, but the White Sox are in a bit of a holding pattern following an MRI earlier today.
According to Doug Padilla of ESPNChicago.com, the White Sox will evaluate Peavy on a day-to-day basis after he was diagnosed with a mild right groin strain.
Peavy left yesterday’s start against the Tigers after allowing six runs on three hits over and three walks over four innings. He has a 4.66 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio over his first five starts since returning from shoulder surgery.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said before tonight’s game that they will move ahead with a five-man rotation while Peavy is sidelined.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 10
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 32
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)