Jun 6, 2011, 7:50 PM EDT
Craig told us earlier today that Jake Peavy was likely headed for the disabled list with strained right groin. That still might happen, but the White Sox are in a bit of a holding pattern following an MRI earlier today.
According to Doug Padilla of ESPNChicago.com, the White Sox will evaluate Peavy on a day-to-day basis after he was diagnosed with a mild right groin strain.
Peavy left yesterday’s start against the Tigers after allowing six runs on three hits over and three walks over four innings. He has a 4.66 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio over his first five starts since returning from shoulder surgery.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said before tonight’s game that they will move ahead with a five-man rotation while Peavy is sidelined.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)