Jun 6, 2011, 7:50 PM EST
Craig told us earlier today that Jake Peavy was likely headed for the disabled list with strained right groin. That still might happen, but the White Sox are in a bit of a holding pattern following an MRI earlier today.
According to Doug Padilla of ESPNChicago.com, the White Sox will evaluate Peavy on a day-to-day basis after he was diagnosed with a mild right groin strain.
Peavy left yesterday’s start against the Tigers after allowing six runs on three hits over and three walks over four innings. He has a 4.66 ERA and 20/4 K/BB ratio over his first five starts since returning from shoulder surgery.
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said before tonight’s game that they will move ahead with a five-man rotation while Peavy is sidelined.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)