Jun 6, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
UPDATE: The details are in: Dykstra is alleged to have fraudulently leased three high-end cars from a Southern California auto dealership. Then, when he was arrested for the car theft, police found cocaine, ecstasy and synthetic human growth hormone in his home.
In other news, Lenny Dykstra had a home as recently as April.
1:03 PM: Lenny Dykstra is going to be charged with 25 criminal counts today, unrelated to the stuff he was arrested for back in April. Among the charges: auto theft, identity theft, and drug allegations. TMZ has the story.
At this point all of the humor is gone. I just have sadness and pity.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)