Jun 6, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: The details are in: Dykstra is alleged to have fraudulently leased three high-end cars from a Southern California auto dealership. Then, when he was arrested for the car theft, police found cocaine, ecstasy and synthetic human growth hormone in his home.
In other news, Lenny Dykstra had a home as recently as April.
1:03 PM: Lenny Dykstra is going to be charged with 25 criminal counts today, unrelated to the stuff he was arrested for back in April. Among the charges: auto theft, identity theft, and drug allegations. TMZ has the story.
At this point all of the humor is gone. I just have sadness and pity.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 15
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)