Jun 6, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just released its latest results in the NL All-Star voting. The most notable change: the injured Buster Posey is no longer leading at catcher, having been passed by Brian McCann. Word on the street is that McCann tried to call Posey to apologize, but that Brian Sabean has taken out a contract on McCann’s life. Baseball is hard to understand sometimes.
Also: Albert Pujols is no longer the leader in overall voting in the NL, having been passed by Ryan Braun. This either suggests that (a) the voting results lag by a few days, thereby excluding the fact that Pujols laid the Cubs to waste and salted the earth upon which they tread this past weekend; or (b) the voters aren’t logic-based beings.
All of the other positional leaders are the same from last week.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)