Jun 6, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just released its latest results in the NL All-Star voting. The most notable change: the injured Buster Posey is no longer leading at catcher, having been passed by Brian McCann. Word on the street is that McCann tried to call Posey to apologize, but that Brian Sabean has taken out a contract on McCann’s life. Baseball is hard to understand sometimes.
Also: Albert Pujols is no longer the leader in overall voting in the NL, having been passed by Ryan Braun. This either suggests that (a) the voting results lag by a few days, thereby excluding the fact that Pujols laid the Cubs to waste and salted the earth upon which they tread this past weekend; or (b) the voters aren’t logic-based beings.
All of the other positional leaders are the same from last week.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (171)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)