Jun 6, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just released its latest results in the NL All-Star voting. The most notable change: the injured Buster Posey is no longer leading at catcher, having been passed by Brian McCann. Word on the street is that McCann tried to call Posey to apologize, but that Brian Sabean has taken out a contract on McCann’s life. Baseball is hard to understand sometimes.
Also: Albert Pujols is no longer the leader in overall voting in the NL, having been passed by Ryan Braun. This either suggests that (a) the voting results lag by a few days, thereby excluding the fact that Pujols laid the Cubs to waste and salted the earth upon which they tread this past weekend; or (b) the voters aren’t logic-based beings.
All of the other positional leaders are the same from last week.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)