Jun 6, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just released its latest results in the NL All-Star voting. The most notable change: the injured Buster Posey is no longer leading at catcher, having been passed by Brian McCann. Word on the street is that McCann tried to call Posey to apologize, but that Brian Sabean has taken out a contract on McCann’s life. Baseball is hard to understand sometimes.
Also: Albert Pujols is no longer the leader in overall voting in the NL, having been passed by Ryan Braun. This either suggests that (a) the voting results lag by a few days, thereby excluding the fact that Pujols laid the Cubs to waste and salted the earth upon which they tread this past weekend; or (b) the voters aren’t logic-based beings.
All of the other positional leaders are the same from last week.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)