Jun 6, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just released its latest results in the NL All-Star voting. The most notable change: the injured Buster Posey is no longer leading at catcher, having been passed by Brian McCann. Word on the street is that McCann tried to call Posey to apologize, but that Brian Sabean has taken out a contract on McCann’s life. Baseball is hard to understand sometimes.
Also: Albert Pujols is no longer the leader in overall voting in the NL, having been passed by Ryan Braun. This either suggests that (a) the voting results lag by a few days, thereby excluding the fact that Pujols laid the Cubs to waste and salted the earth upon which they tread this past weekend; or (b) the voters aren’t logic-based beings.
All of the other positional leaders are the same from last week.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)